Chevy Trax Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
111 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've jsut noticed that the 2016 Cruze will be adding a 7 speed DCT gearbox to its product mix when it debuts in June. I have to wonder if we don't see this product in the TRAX as well, if not all GM compacts...

The 2016 Cruze is tipped to introduce a new seven-speed dual-clutch transmission, with seven cogs being a first in this segment for a DCT system. Currently, only the Mazda 3, Ford Focus and Dodge Dart utilize a DCT unit. The 2016 Cruze will also be one of the incoming Chevrolet models to have full support for Apple’s CarPlay and Android Auto.
http://gmauthority.com/blog/2015/05/2016-chevrolet-cruze-will-debut-on-june-24th/#ixzz3bTEhfc3g

Maybe like CarPlay and AA we won't see them until Gen2?

·
Registered
745 Posts
Gen2 seems to be where they`ll put it in, with the neglect the current Trax has been getting... that`s what has been leading me to believe so.

·
Registered
19 Posts
I did read somewhere (maybe here, I forget) that they are putting in a different 6 speed auto trans in for 2016 model year. Not sure why because I think the shifting of the current trans is one of the best things about the vehicle.

·
Registered
745 Posts
I did read somewhere (maybe here, I forget) that they are putting in a different 6 speed auto trans in for 2016 model year. Not sure why because I think the shifting of the current trans is one of the best things about the vehicle.
That has me wondering if they're doing it for fuel efficiency, that would be a good motivator.

·
Registered
19 Posts

·
Registered
745 Posts
For what ever their reasons are for doing this, it better be a transmission without as many problems as the MH8 was

·
Registered
1,394 Posts
Probably because you don't have an ad blocker like"Ublock".

1 - 9 of 9 Posts