Chevy Trax Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all,

Keep an eye this winter on your drivers side upper trim that runs from the front window back along side the tie down rail. This black trim piece tends to bend back from the wind and start to peel away. It might also be being hit by the snow brush as you try to clear the front window. I say this because our 2013 had this problem and I just seen a guy from work with a 2015 and his is starting to peel back.

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Yes Chevy did fix it under warranty, at first they tried to 'glue' it down but that lasted about a week and then they ordered a whole new plastic strip

·
Registered
187 Posts
Did the same thing happen after the dealership replaced it? Wondering if it was a single occurrence or a common problem with Chevy.

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
No it did not happen again, we were keeping our eye on it, but then the car was written off 8 months later, it was only when I noticed a 2015 with the exact same problem that I figured that chevy has not fixed it on the production line.

·
Registered
772 Posts
It could be just the use of bad materials and since then they fixed the problem, or something could have happened to start the problem, like it was snagged on something.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts