Chevy Trax Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a stock privacy cover for the trunk, it does not fit properly in the Trax. It's too thin and shifts back and forth in so much that it pops off the hinges daily. After it falls off it clunks around over every bump when I'm driving.

I had the dealership look at it and they said there is no fix for it yet.....

This is not a problem for the Buick Encore, I checked.

Hopefully Chevy will come up with a solution to this problem.

-Mark

·
Registered
772 Posts
I only had mine in the first day I had it I took it out and put the seats in the flat position.

As soon as I got my Buick Encore I took that one out also.

The glass is dark enough you can barely see into the back of the car.

·
Registered
187 Posts
I was going to suggest that they give you another one but if they admit that there's no fix then it's probably a known problem with most if not all of them. Are you going to try and Diy something?

·
Registered
59 Posts
I have a stock privacy cover for the trunk, it does not fit properly in the Trax. It's too thin and shifts back and forth in so much that it pops off the hinges daily. After it falls off it clunks around over every bump when I'm driving.

-Mark
Hi Mark!

I'm sorry to hear about the security cover not fitting well in your Trax. I'd like to document this and research it further for you on our end. Please send us a private message with your full contact information, VIN, current mileage, and the dealership you've been working with to move forward with assistance.

Thanks,

Chelsea D.
Chevrolet Customer Care

·
Registered
44 Posts

-Mark
I saw that on mine... it seems the designers intended to make it easy to slide the cover to the right so the left side hinge post "unplugs" for easy removal.
I cut a small piece of foam, like a real small donut, and put it over the hinge post on the right side. it easily compresses to work as intended, but keeps the cover over to the left so it does not float around and come unplugged.

PS: my wife is in and out the back frequently... but she did not even see the donut for two days, I had to point it out to her.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Hi Mark!

I'm sorry to hear about the security cover not fitting well in your Trax. I'd like to document this and research it further for you on our end. Please send us a private message with your full contact information, VIN, current mileage, and the dealership you've been working with to move forward with assistance.

Thanks,

Chelsea D.
Chevrolet Customer Care
Hi! any chance you could help me with my issue?
The piece that holds the cargo cover up has pushed in to the side panal.. and I'm not sure how to go about getting this fixed! I've had the car for less than a year

·
Super Moderator
1,721 Posts
What year in case it makes a difference.

·
Super Moderator
1,721 Posts
Check the other thread you posted this in.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts