Chevy Trax Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I live in the Midwest and my rear drum brakes are starting to wear out. I know it will be expensive to convert them to disk and that it wouldn't be in the long run but I have no idea what I need. If you could give me some suggestions on where to get the stuff I need that would be awesome. Also, I want to make sure that I get this right, I need to replace the front brakes as well when I do this as well, right? Any responses would be greatly appreciated.

·
Registered
1,349 Posts
Front wheel drive or AWD? Your best bet would be to go to a salvage yard and get a complete rear axle and swap it. Don't know if these have a proportioning valve or if everything is controlled by the ABS. Also parking brake cable may be different.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Front wheel drive or AWD? Your best bet would be to go to a salvage yard and get a complete rear axle and swap it. Don't know if these have a proportioning valve or if everything is controlled by the ABS. Also parking brake cable may be different.
It's front wheel drive and sadly the closest salvage yard is almost an hour away from me.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts