Chevy Trax Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
103 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just curious how would I go about checking the turbo? I have a vacuum Guage that I guess doubles as a pressure guage/boost Guage. Where do I hook it up to what port? What are the specs it should be?

·
Super Moderator
2,272 Posts
Depends on what you want to check. If you want to check for leaks or if you want to check how much boost your turbo puts out. First check for charge pipe leaks. Then once is scratched off the list just get a cheap obdII reader that can read the boost pressure from the sensor. Your turbo can boost up to 16-17 PSI.

First pressure test at 20 PSI, should hold above 15 PSI after 1 minute.
Gauge Paint Cylinder Gas Measuring instrument

Then measure over a few runs, I use the Torque APP but any OBDII APP.

Font Screenshot Technology Electronic device Number

·
Registered
103 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
If the turbo was malfunctioning I wouldn't be able to drive at around 76/77 mph on the highway with ac on right?
Sometimes it seems like acceleration is sluggish like it's taking off in 2nd gear or something just like it doesn't seem to be downshifting properly when I brake sometimes I have to press the brake pedal really hard like I'm not getting any engine braking. Car only has almost 10,000 miles.

·
Registered
103 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Had some times when I was on Orlando Florida on vacation I had to press the brake pedal really hard to get the car to slow especially when coming from faster speeds. Taking the car into the dealership Thursday.

·
Super Moderator
2,272 Posts
You would get a code for the pedal if it was the pedal. The dealer won't do anything if they don't have a check engine light. The mechanics have gotten so reliant on digital diagnostics. Next time try tapping into neutral to see if it is really the torque converter not letting off when it should.

·
Super Moderator
2,272 Posts
Did you check your transmission fluid levels? When fluids get low the first thing to act up is the torque converter because it is starving.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts