Chevy Trax Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm considering replacing the turbo and intake setup in my 2016 trax LT. As I'm sure you all know, the lag is terrible from a dead stop, and the stock intake system is not appropriate for a turbo at all.
I have a budget of about $1200 and I'm just curious, other than the obvious intake and ECU upgrade, what should I look for in a different turbo and will I need to replace the intercooler as well? What should I expect for tuning/dyno costs?
I'm sorry if I sound NOOBish, this is my first turbo car, and really my first attempt at adding actual power. Oh, and as far as power is concerned, I would be happy to see a gain of at least 100hp, so any advice for what I need to ensure internals stay safe would be helpful too.
Thanks!

·
Super Moderator
2,318 Posts
You need a V8, 100 hp is not realistic IMO

·
Super Moderator
2,318 Posts
If you find that it isn't a problem let us know how you did it.

Reactions: bassman201

·
Registered
4 Posts

I'm considering replacing the turbo and intake setup in my 2016 trax LT. As I'm sure you all know, the lag is terrible from a dead stop, and the stock intake system is not appropriate for a turbo at all.
I have a budget of about $1200 and I'm just curious, other than the obvious intake and ECU upgrade, what should I look for in a different turbo and will I need to replace the intercooler as well? What should I expect for tuning/dyno costs?
I'm sorry if I sound NOOBish, this is my first turbo car, and really my first attempt at adding actual power. Oh, and as far as power is concerned, I would be happy to see a gain of at least 100hp, so any advice for what I need to ensure internals stay safe would be helpful too.
Thanks!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts