Chevy Trax Forum banner

U0073

2K views 2 replies 3 participants last post by  Jtrax9871 
#1 · (Edited)
2019 trax, 63,000 miles. This issue has been going on for a few months now. The speedo and tach will both drop to zero and hang there, all warning lights come on and display will either say service power steering or service stabilitrak. The car will lose acceleration and have no response to pedal. Sometimes it last seconds and goes away and the engine light stays on or it will last about a minute. I’ve checked the harness for rub throughs in all of the service bulletins that apply. I thought it might be the ground in front of the battery but repairing that changed nothing. I replaced battery. Checked the fuse block and found no corrosion or arcing on fuse legs. Checked ecm connectors and found no moisture or corrosion present. I seen someone said a wire to the radio rubbed through. Pulled that out and checked. Found nothing. Changed alternator based on recommendation from another forum even though I knew it wasn’t it. Had it at two different dealers and they can figure it out and even though it has codes present they are usually inactive so they say they can’t diagnose it. Usually has U0073 and sometimes tcm lost communication with pcm or bcm lost communication but it always has U0073. Anyone have any ideas?

#2 ·
We had this happen a couple of times on our 2019. The dealer we took it to had it for almost three weeks, and had a GM field tech come out to try and source the issue. They ended up replacing battery, battery cables, fuse block, engine wiring harness, ECM, and reprogram. Basically everything they could to make sure they didn't end up into lemon law territory because this happened to ours with less than 15K miles.

#3 ·
We had this happen a couple of times on our 2019. The dealer we took it to had it for almost three weeks, and had a GM field tech come out to try and source the issue. They ended up replacing battery, battery cables, fuse block, engine wiring harness, ECM, and reprogram. Basically everything they could to make sure they didn't end up into lemon law territory because this happened to ours with less than 15K miles.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.