Chevy Trax Forum banner
1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Hello... my girlfriend just purchased a brand new trax in October of 2020. it currently has 20,000 miles on it. I rotated the tires front to back recently. Immediately after the rotation I could hear a noise coming from the front tires ( the ones that were just on the rear). Kind of sounds like uneven wear, no vibration though. So I jacked it up put a small block of wood right near the tread. at one point the tire touches the wood, and as you spin it around, it won't touch it again until that same high area comes back around. (Both front tires have the same issue) the maximum gap between the block and the tire when it's not touching is about 1/32 of an inch.
I asked my friend that's a mechanic, he's guessing that the rear alignment must be off. apparently it must have came that way from the factory. Since it's been over a year the dealership won't align it for free. The tires I took off the back which are now on the front, have 3/16 of tread. the ones that were on the front and now are on the back, have 1/8 inch of tread. I'm guessing my best bet at this point is to go ahead and let her drive it for another year, by then the tires will be quite worn. we can get new ones before next winter and a 4 wheel alignment. Otherwise the tread wear pattern looks fine, but obviously their slightly out of round. you can sure hear it when you're driving on a smooth road. Just seeing if anybody has any input on my situation, or if anybody noticed something like this before on a Trax. Thanks

1 - 1 of 1 Posts