Chevy Trax Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey everybody:

When unlocking the car using the key it sets off the horn, which beeps until I press the unlock button on the fob. Yes, the irony is kind of funny.

I have looked through the manual, but can find no way to turn off or alter this effect.

Has anyone else had a similar experience, and knows of a fix?

Thanks!

·
Registered
772 Posts
Pressing the buttons on the remote is one way of shutting off the horn, or turn the door switch the opposite direction with the key.

That should work.

·
Registered
149 Posts
That is weird when armed opening the door with the key a beep starts. Turning the key the other way still will not stop the beeping. It is not a full blown alarm but short beeps. Almost like you are warned of a timer counting down to unarm the alarm. Why does it beep when you as the owner have a key to unlock the door ? Do you need to start the car within a certain time to disarm the alarm then ? Like a house alarm.

·
Registered
772 Posts
That is weird when armed opening the door with the key a beep starts. Turning the key the other way still will not stop the beeping. It is not a full blown alarm but short beeps. Almost like you are warned of a timer counting down to unarm the alarm. Why does it beep when you as the owner have a key to unlock the door ? Do you need to start the car within a certain time to disarm the alarm then ? Like a house alarm.
If pushing the buttons on the remote and turning the key in the door doesn't work the only other way to stop the alarm is to turn the ign to on or start the engine.

Most cars I have seen you only need to put the key in the door lock or use the buttons on the remote.

Just a few weeks ago I stopped at the grocery store, there was someone there with a chrylser mini van with the alarm going off.

Told him to use the key in the door the alarm stopped the owner of the van said he never heard of that before.

First told him to use the remote that did nothing, I did stop the alarm on my miata just last week using the remote so I know it does work.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Yes, it's a kind of beeping as if the car alarm has been set off.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
If anyone is interested I found the answer to the problem of using the key to unlock the Trax.

Yes, if you use the press button on the fob to lock the car and subsequently unlock it with the key it will set off the alarm. You have to use the key to lock and unlock to avoid this happening. Or, of course, only use the fob for locking and unlocking. Mixing the two methods causes the problem.

Please refer to the owners manual section 2-11.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts