Chevy Trax Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So I brought my car to my dealership, Advantage Chevy in Bolingbrook. It was going in for a simple oil change. Car has 22K so they recommended wheel rotation and air cabin filter be replaced.
I agreed.
I just picked up my Trax. First thing I noticed when I started the defroster fan was how loud it got when I turned it up. Same with all other vent positions. This was NOT present when I dropped the car off. I immediately pulled my car back into the dealer bay. My service advisor said leaves may have gotten in the fan area. It would take them about a hour to check it out. Well, I could not leave the car and was in a hurry as it is. So now I need to make another trip.

My thoughts? They did not put the new filter in correctly....or maybe never even put a new one in? I saw how I just needed to pop the glove box, so may take a look.

I figured I would post here and see if anyone else has had similar issues.

·
Registered
181 Posts
It was probably a leaf, they collect on the wiper arms and work their way under the hood. I had a customer come to my old shop complaining of a noise when the fan was on, and a really bad odor. It was a rodent that had crawled into the HVAC vents. It took quite a lot of cleanup. I threw in a free pine tree air freshener.

·
Super Moderator
2,057 Posts
My thoughts? They did not put the new filter in correctly....or maybe never even put a new one in? I saw how I just needed to pop the glove box, so may take a look.

I figured I would post here and see if anyone else has had similar issues.
Could be cabin air filter goes in at an angle. But to be honest my Trax has to have the loudest fan of any vehicle I've ever owned. Don't know if it's because of the smaller cab, so I just play the music a little louder until I can drop speed a few notches.

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
It was probably a leaf, they collect on the wiper arms and work their way under the hood. I had a customer come to my old shop complaining of a noise when the fan was on, and a really bad odor. It was a rodent that had crawled into the HVAC vents. It took quite a lot of cleanup. I threw in a free pine tree air freshener.

Well...after reading up, I decided to pull the filter. Not really too much of a hassle. And sure enough, several leaves inside the motor. I pulled them out and all is good. I figured I would have the dealer install the filter to save me the hassle, and this is what I get...lol. Essentially doing it myself and having to reinstall an overpriced filter.

·
Super Moderator
2,057 Posts
How much did the dealer charge for the Chinese cabin air filter?

1 - 5 of 5 Posts