Chevy Trax Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
2016 with 52,000 miles. We purchased new and have had the oil changed at the dealer every 5,000 miles or so. Never a problem with the car. The overall gas mileage now displays 32.7.
I first noticed a slight "ticking" about a month ago when picking up coffee at the drive-thru. Car runs great. No check engine lights ever. We live in NW Arizona and do a few trips to Laughlin, NV (70 miles one way) and Las Vegas, NV (120 miles one way) through some very steep mountain roads which the car handles fine.
Took it to my Chevy dealer this morning for a diagnosis.
I had installed new AC Delco plugs and coils myself which seemed to give the engine more pep but did not solve the problem.
Injectors are gummed up. Rather then clean them I will just have them replaced. Cost is around $700. I know I could save some by going to a local mechanic but this dealer seems to be honest with the mechanical work it does and has a good reputation and will stand behind their work.
We are retired but not hurting for funds so this barely makes a dent in our funds.

·
Registered
58 Posts
2016 with 52,000 miles. We purchased new and have had the oil changed at the dealer every 5,000 miles or so. Never a problem with the car. The overall gas mileage now displays 32.7.
I first noticed a slight "ticking" about a month ago when picking up coffee at the drive-thru. Car runs great. No check engine lights ever. We live in NW Arizona and do a few trips to Laughlin, NV (70 miles one way) and Las Vegas, NV (120 miles one way) through some very steep mountain roads which the car handles fine.
Took it to my Chevy dealer this morning for a diagnosis.
I had installed new AC Delco plugs and coils myself which seemed to give the engine more pep but did not solve the problem.
Injectors are gummed up. Rather then clean them I will just have them replaced. Cost is around $700. I know I could save some by going to a local mechanic but this dealer seems to be honest with the mechanical work it does and has a good reputation and will stand behind their work.
We are retired but not hurting for funds so this barely makes a dent in our funds.
Make sure they check pcv valve as well known to get gunked up on the 1.4 and usually are known to make a fast ticking or clicking noise.

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Make sure they check pcv valve as well known to get gunked up on the 1.4 and usually are known to make a fast ticking or clicking noise.
Thanks, they did check that and it was OK. They did have to replace the purge valve for the evap system as it had stopped working. They stated that the nearby Maverick gas station was using to much alcohol mix in their gas which was causing a lot of gumming up of the fuel system.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts