Chevy Trax Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hi just wondering is using a fuel injector cleaner would be safe for my trax 2013 AWD..... nevee used it before but was kinda thinking lately to use them... thanks

·
Super Moderator
2,175 Posts
Just poured a bottle of the GM fuel treatment in mine just now and topped it off. When mine starts to jerk at cruising speed I throw one of these in and within a couple of hundred kms it smooths right out. 20 bucks a bottle though.

·
Registered
35 Posts
hi just wondering is using a fuel injector cleaner would be safe for my trax 2013 AWD..... nevee used it before but was kinda thinking lately to use them... thanks
I use Chevron Techtron. GM recomends high additve Top Tier gas. It's finally become available at cheap stations in Dayton, Ohio.

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks for your replies..... to where i am i dont see those brands here in Branson, Manitoba.... is STP super concentrated fuel injector cleaner will be the same as those postes above? Thanks

·
Super Moderator
2,175 Posts
Don't know about STP. But your dealer should carry their own brand which is the only one they recommend of course. I suppose STP wouldn't hurt but I really like the ACDelco stuff. It works and I dump one in about every 3 months. Amazon even sells it. Around $20 in either case for any of these.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Thanks..will just ask the dealership...
Most pour in injector cleaners are butyl/amine type of cleaner/solvent. A typical 8 or 10 0z. bottle will help somewhat. There are brands like STP, Lucas, Techron etc. and the Delco product is similar (and more expensive) when you buy it from a dealer. Chevron gasoline has Techron as an additive. Not sure what brands are in your area but Walmart usually has some stuff to buy as does Amazon.
To really clean injectors, a product like Seafoam is added directly to the fuel rail. This is something usually left to a professional.

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Most pour in injector cleaners are butyl/amine type of cleaner/solvent. A typical 8 or 10 0z. bottle will help somewhat. There are brands like STP, Lucas, Techron etc. and the Delco product is similar (and more expensive) when you buy it from a dealer. Chevron gasoline has Techron as an additive. Not sure what brands are in your area but Walmart usually has some stuff to buy as does Amazon.
To really clean injectors, a product like Seafoam is added directly to the fuel rail. This is something usually left to a professional.

Thanks, i ended up using the STP super concentrated fuel injector cleaner....... gone through first tank and noticed a better idling.......

1 - 8 of 8 Posts