Chevy Trax Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
53 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Need some help here. In 2016 when I got my Trax the info system connected with my Windows phone just fine. It would open and read text messages and I could reply with no issues. I now have a Andriod based phone and after 6 months I still can not get the same operation as the Win phone. I even downloaded the recommended Andriod Auto and still can't get it to work like I would like. ie, work with the car to open, read and reply to texts via voice while driving. I miss every text that is sent to me until i stop somewhere to check. I even miss most phone calls as they dont even connect to the Trax.

Is there a app that works like the Windows phone did for a Andriod based phone.? Are there settings I'm missing in Andriod Auto that allows it to open and read texts.

Help, Frustrated in Ohio

Jamie

·
Registered
117 Posts
Well long story short i have a 16 also and it didn't get the Android Auto update. But i have found there are certain Android phones that work with the Windows CE version of operating system on the infotainment system. Mine works when the system can understand me without the the noise the microphone picks up. I have tried 3 phones and in my experience the LG v20, Google Pixel 2 xl worked better than the third phone i tried which was the LG V35. I just used the Bluetooth connection and the voice command works well like i said when it can understand me lol. Hope that helps.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts