Chevy Trax Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hi new owner here. i have noticed that my trax has been leaking a noticable amount of water from the exhaust. i ran to the grocery store and it was dripping when i remote started and again when i came home. should i be worried?

·
Registered
181 Posts
Condensation in the exhaust is normal, it should go away as it warms up. If it doesn't go away check the coolant reservoir, if it's low get it checked asap.

·
Registered
184 Posts
If it is only water, you really don't have anything to worry about. if it smells sweet... start worrying and check it out.A lot of cars give out a lot more water due to condensation then one would expect.

·
Registered
772 Posts
It takes a pretty good run on a highway to get all the water out of the exhaust, the muffler is very hard to dry out.

If you only make short runs the water never gets a chance to clear, if you can get the car out on the interstate once a month it will help to dry out the exhaust.

·
Registered
59 Posts
hi new owner here. i have noticed that my trax has been leaking a noticable amount of water from the exhaust. i ran to the grocery store and it was dripping when i remote started and again when i came home. should i be worried?
Hello Tony Jay,
We regret to hear that you are experiencing a concern with your exhaust. We realize that you are seeking the advice from other forum members, however, if you would like to have this addressed at the dealership we'd be more than happy to facilitate an appointment with one of our local dealer. If this is something you are interested in, please send us a private message with your full contact information, VIN, and the mileage of your vehicle.

Best,
Netty J.
Chevrolet Customer Care.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts