Chevy Trax Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi everyone

I just did my first oil change since running out of warranty last month (just passed the 160,000km).
While the car was in the air, I was told there is a coolant leak coming from the water pump.

I have (happily) not experienced the issues that come with it, but was quoted for a 700$ repair (replace the water pump).

After looking around I found out that the Chevy Cruze and Sonic with the same engine had an official warranty extension for the exact same issue. What are my recourses to try and get this extended to the Trax? Should I bring this document to my GM dealership? Call Chevrolet Canada?

https://static.nhtsa.gov/odi/tsbs/2015/SB-10079524-0335.pdf

Thanks for your suggestions.

·
Registered
206 Posts
For just a month out of warranty I would not waste any time getting to the dealer to see if they will still cover it as a courtesy. Take the paper work with you as additional ammunition. At least you already have a quote for repair to see how the dealer repair stacks up.

·
Super Moderator
1,525 Posts
If it's within the years of the recall I'd sure try it.

·
Super Moderator
207 Posts
Unless they changed the policy, recalls are generally good for the life of the vehicle. I have a 20 year old Buick Regal that currently has a valve cover gasket recall, so whenever I get the struts replaced i may take it in. But considering they haven't leaked in 20 years, I almost don't even want to bother.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts