Super Moderator
2,030 Posts
Did you try buffing them out?

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Did you try buffing them out?
Well at this point I do not feel that comfortable as they are deep as I can run my fingernail in them so I can tell they are deep. I might have a professional take care of them. My wife confessed to it. A shopping cart ran into it, because of the wind taking it as she was loading groceries. Being that it is black car. It would be hard for a novice to fix it right. How would you fix it Traxy? Like what would you use? If it was another color other then black I could probably get away with it. Thank you.

·
Super Moderator
2,030 Posts
Yeah if you can feel it with your finger nail you can't buff it out. You need a pro if you can't stand looking at it.

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Yeah if you can feel it with your finger nail you can't buff it out. You need a pro if you can't stand looking at it.
Thanks Traxy. That is what I figured as well.

·
Registered
13 Posts
I know I am late to this thread but to anyone else who this happens to in the future you can at least either DIY it or know what to expect when visiting some kind of professional. Traxy is right about the finger nail test. So typically what I would do at my shop on something like this (if it failed the fingernail test) to save the customer money I would attempt to wetsand then buff it out which if any bit successful this will at least minimize the amount of touch up needed. Usually a customer is more than happy with that being that if you are the normal person when it comes to vehicle paint correction most won't even be able to see the scratch anymore but if not then of course comes the painting, wet sanding and buffing. Which could get pricy so definitely get a quote before going through with it unless insurance covers it then be sure to go to someone with a high reputation.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts