Chevy Trax Forum banner

1 - 20 of 32 Posts

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Took my 2019 Trax into the dealership for an oil change and tire rotation. Found out they used oil filter 19324430. This cross references to the pf2257g oil filter right? The one that says hengst on the cap?
My car says it requires the other 25195775 filter (UFI on the CAP).
Did the dealer put the wrong oil filter in the car or is this OK?

Also they used 88865638 oil is this full synthetic and they used 5.0 units/quarts of oil. Is this OK since it requires 4.2 quarts oil.

·
Super Moderator
1,639 Posts
This is not alright if they put a Hengst filter in a UFI it will not filter the oil because it will be in bypass all the time. You can undo the cap with a 24mm socket and check if the filter has a spring. But that number is definitely the wrong part number.

Pull the dipstick to see if they overfilled.

The oil is right .
GM Part No.:88865638
Oil,Engine Dexos1 Gen2 Full Syn 5W30 Acdelco Bulk Opt1

If your vehicle took 4.2 quarts they will charge you five. Stealers have to make money.

Call them and tell them they put the wrong filter in according to the work order and see what they say.

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks I emailed the manager. I drove it home after the change. Can I safely drive it a few miles or no?

·
Super Moderator
1,639 Posts
Yes it has fresh oil in it.

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
OK I don't know why but the service person told me that filter they used 19324430 is the correct filter according to the gm catalog. I have the UFI oil filter cap so obviously this is not right, correct? And will cause engine damage? I might go change it out tomorrow because they are saying they didn't make a mistake.

Also, even though the oil change sticker says 5,000 miles will it be safe to go by the oil life monitor or 7,500 miles without voiding the bumper to bumper or power train warranty? Thanks.

·
Super Moderator
1,639 Posts
With full synthetic you can follow the oil monitor but you should still change the filter half way. Why don't you undo the filter cap and check first? You don't want to go there and look like a complaining idiot. 24mm socket will remove the cap. Lift slowly and have some rags handy in case you lose a few drops. If there's no spring at the top it's the wrong filter. If your sure you have the brown cap with the 8 ridges.

·
Super Moderator
1,639 Posts
This will take a whole minute.

·
Super Moderator
1,639 Posts
Don't be sorry that's what forums are for Q&A. I posted the pictures of cap and filters. So you should be good to argue with these guys if you have the wrong one. If you're still not sure take a picture and come back.

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
I'm. Just confused about all the oil change tire rotation stuff. Came from a 16 corolla where oil change was 12 month or 10,000 miles and tire rotation 6 month 5000 miles. And now the Trax the dealership says tire rotation/oil change every 5000 miles and owners manual says oil life monitor or 7500 miles for both oil change and tire rotation. I don't know which is better for good life of vehicle and value of money.

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Took the oil filter out this morning to look at it and right on the top it said pf2257g made in USA. Going to go to the close Chevy dealership and get the other pf2263g made in Korea one.

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
How should I go about confronting the service manager. They insisted they put the right oil filter in but it shows right on the oil filter it's the wrong part. Will I get in trouble by removing the. Oil filter?

·
Super Moderator
1,639 Posts
No! And take pictures... Just don't over tighten it when you put it back or don't put it back and just go get the proper filter and put it in and bring them the wrong one for refund and again take pictures of the one you pull out and the one you put in. It will take 2 minutes top. Filter will cost $10 and then you'll know first hand it's done right. Don't forget to look for broken pieces of plastic in the bottom of the reservoir if some tabs are broken off the Hengst filter.

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
The thing I'm really concerned about is the dealership I went to is maybe 10 miles away. I don't know if I will cause engine damage doing all this driving.

·
Super Moderator
1,639 Posts
You won't with new oil, but get her done. First check the darn filter!!! It takes a minute.

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
I did I took it out and it says pf2257g on it. I'm waiting to hear back from the service advisor who helped me yesterday.

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
I called the dealership back they said they never heard of this 2 oil filter cartridges saying there is only one filter. No one has heard of this. Wow.

·
Super Moderator
1,639 Posts
Don't be silly just replace it with right one. With your luck it would only blow up after warranty was up!

1 - 20 of 32 Posts