Chevy Trax Forum banner

21 - 32 of 32 Posts

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #21
I just went and bought one and replaced it before I went to work. I can't believe they never heard of the bulletin or the 2 different oil filters.

·
Super Moderator
1,633 Posts
You should have bought 2 and bring the other one to show them. You're going to need and other one in 7500 miles anyway. Just to save face with these guys.

·
Super Moderator
1,633 Posts
Do they have an email. Send them the pictures I posted or PM me the email and I will.

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #27
Also I have a lifetime power train warranty I got with my Trax when I got it. Actually up to 10 years/100,000 miles.
I think I have to have the oil changes done by a certified mechanic. Not sure though.
Not that I don't know what I'm doing. I worked as a lube tech for a year at a saturn dealership.

·
Super Moderator
1,633 Posts
But look at what a certified mechanic did for you.

·
Super Moderator
1,633 Posts
Services department has no email on their site.

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #31
I used their text service and told the customer support person what happened and she said the service advisor would call me back.

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #32
It just amazes me about that they don't know that there is this other oil filter pf2263g or that you have to use the correct one or get severe engine damage.
I know I can't be the only Trax having been in that dealership requiring the pf2263g oil filter with UFI on the oil filter cap but instead getting the other oil filter pf2257g. I wonder if any of these other traxs getting an oil change done at that dealership have gotten the wrong oil filter and had any engine damage. Just curious.

21 - 32 of 32 Posts