Chevy Trax Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey folks, current 2015 Sonic LT Hatchback 1.8L owner looking to buy a 2020 Trax LT FWD - it’s a dealer demo with 4,000 miles for $17600. Our Sonic has been a fun car to drive but plagued by cooling system failures. Have replaced almost every cooling system part. Does the Trax have an Achilles heel as well? Any inherent problems?

·
Super Moderator
279 Posts
No cooling issues so far with my 2019 LT, just rolled up to 26k and my only problems were the horrible Continental tires it was wearing from the factory.

·
Registered
60 Posts
I bout a '15 LT AWD in September 2019 with 55K and change on the odometer. I flushed the coolant and transmission earlier than required. Changed the rear differential earlier than required, and about 1500 miles late for the center transfer case. Oil change and tire rotation regularly every 3 months regardless of mileage. Had Firestone Destination tires on before my purchase. The only quirk mine has at this time is length of time for engine to get to normal temperature in colder weather. Not to be interpreted as a cold vehicle in cold weather.

·
Super Moderator
279 Posts
I use the remote starter a lot recently myself on my 2019, I live in Pennsylvania and this winter has been pretty cold. That 10 minutes of warmup makes a big difference compared to a cold start and go.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts