Chevy Trax Forum banner

1 - 20 of 120 Posts

·
Registered
1,291 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I Just got up! Did the 3 S's and ready for my day.

·
Registered
1,291 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Just finished an 04 Envoy cluster repair.

·
Registered
1,291 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Just repaired a FOB ( 15252034 ) for an 07 G5 and programmed her car for it.

·
Registered
206 Posts
Same as most days, Git up, drive to work, beat the snot out of a computer all day, go home, and enter couch potato mode, till it is bed time........................

·
Registered
1,291 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Just repaired a FOB for a 2012 Caravan. Dealer wanted $200 and I charged him $10

·
Registered
1,291 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Installed new headlamp switch for fog lights, still missing the harness which I will order when I can gather up some cash.

·
Registered
1,291 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Just found out I don't need to by the whole front headlamp harness. GM actually sells a fog lamp accessory harness for the Trax, there's 2 numbers GM#95490808 and GM#42474373 and don't know what the difference between the 2 or maybe one supersedes the other. I will try and find out somehow tomorrow. ebay states GM#95490808 is for 13-15+ put GMpartsgiant can't confirm either of these will work with my VIN. So onto the dealer tomorrow to see if we can clear things up.

·
Registered
1,291 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
So far on this beautiful day, today I've sold and programmed a GM#15252034 FOB to a 2008 Cobalt and repaired and sold one of the same for a 2010 Malibu and an other Caravan FOB repair. Cut some lawn and changed an H11 bulb on the wife's G6, what a pain. Good day so far!!! Still 27°C ( 80°F ) and not a cloud in the sky.

·
Registered
1,291 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Changed the intake and cabin air filter. Used Fram Extra Guard CA11501 and Fram freshbreeze CF10775. They weren't to dirty but I was getting a little ballerina foot smell whenever I would turn on AC so figured it wouldn't hurt.

·
Registered
1,291 Posts
Discussion Starter #13 (Edited)
Replaced all headlamp bulbs by whiter ones today. We'll see tonight. Literally

Bulb glass is blue to filter out the yellow from the incandescent filament.

Harder to see on the dim.

·
Registered
1,291 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Anybody here tried adding a squirt or a tablespoon of dawn to their windshield washer fluid?

·
Registered
7 Posts
I have a question, did anyone here tried to change your armrest? It's getting annoying how narrow and small this thing is. Maybe there is an option to remove the original armrest and install something from a different model?

·
Registered
1,291 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Today I removed the yokes from my headlights

·
Registered
1,291 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Yesterday when I came home my lower driveway was a sheet of ice. I decided to try backing in anyways. Mistake, about halfway while I was backing up real slowly a strong gust of wind blew me right off the driveway and onto the lawn area. In most places it wouldn't be a problem but my lot is on a 6° slope. I tried rocking it but it kept slipping further down closer and closer to the birch cluster. So decided to leave it there and deal with it later since I wanted to watch Team Canada game. After the game I went out again to view the predicament I put myself in and after a very calculated approach I was amazed at how easy the Trax pulled itself out of this situation, the winds had died down but still it moved right up onto the driveway like it had molasse on the tires, it never spun for one second and I was up on the ice sheet again. I then just backed up slowly onto the cement slab in front of the garage door. But the funniest of all this is this morning at 6:50am some guy that must have seen the predicament I was in last night backed into my driveway with traction sand then did the upper driveway. I still don't know who it is after asking around but if you're on here Thank You! Here you can see where I was blown off and the laid-out traction sand.

I love my Trax so far...

·
Registered
772 Posts
I spent sunday cleaning my car, I washed off the salt then wiped down the whole car, that lasted until today when I used the car.

I made it to where I go daily and it still looks pretty good, I hope the roads stay frozen for a few more days I can have a car that looks good from 10 feet away.

When you get close you can now see salt dust all over the car, the roads are covered with dried salt that lands on the car and sticks there until it is washed off by me or rain.

I don't believe I will see rain the high temps are single digits for the next week.

1 - 20 of 120 Posts