Chevy Trax Forum banner

81 - 100 of 127 Posts

·
Registered
1,344 Posts
Discussion Starter #81
Today I replaced the cabin air filter. Every year around this time I change this filter. But this year the one I replaced was particularly dirty, very dirty in fact. I don't know if it's because I used a Fram CF10775 and that these filter more dirt or it was just the type of year we had. I replaced it with an other Fram...

·
Registered
1,344 Posts
Discussion Starter #82
Today I put my winter tires on, not because it is cold yet but because I know winter is coming. I'm going to miss my Michelin for the next 5-6 months. What a difference in the ride! These suck!!!

@tm +14°C ( +57.2°F )

·
Registered
165 Posts
I'll be taking a trip this coming weekend across the state, so I'll see what happens when it's a healthy mix of highway/city driving. I'm expecting about 7.4 L/100 km (32 mpg) over the course of the journey since i know there are sections where red lights are miles away from the next light.
I ended up hitting 7.1 L/100 km going there,and 6.9 L/100 km coming back. I definitely wasn't expecting that many stretches of road with 70 mph speed limits, especially since they took so long to allow it on the Turnpike in its straightest sections.

·
Registered
1,344 Posts
Discussion Starter #84
If yours is an AWD, I'd say you did pretty good. Considering 7l/100km equals 33.6 mpgUS or 40.4mpgUK.

@tm +7°C ( +44.6°F )

·
Registered
165 Posts
Yup, AWD model and there were plenty of sections where I was brought to a crawl passing through small towns across Pennsylvania. I also stopped more on the way down than coming back, so that may have had a slight effect on the fuel consumption. Average speed was 44.1 mph.

Sent from my BND-L34 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
1,344 Posts
Discussion Starter #86
That's pretty good, I average 7.3l/100k with mine at about 30mph average. As it gets colder I will see that number climb to 9 in January.

·
Registered
165 Posts
I imagine you need to warm it up a bit longer than I do since you're closer to the Santa Clause's workshop.

·
Registered
1,344 Posts
Discussion Starter #88 (Edited)
I took the Encore out for it's last stroll of the season today. My friend is building a cottage 120 Kms away so I thought I'd go check it out. There and back 5.5l/100Km ( 42.8mpgUS ). The Encore is going into hibernation for 6 months. From now till then Trax LT AWD only.

@tm +10°C ( +50°F )

·
Registered
165 Posts
It's amazing how much difference there is between the FWD and AWD gas mileage, I debated on going FWD only, but Pittsburgh winter's are a crapshoot. You may get an inch or two every now and then, or magically you wake up or leave work and there's a meter of snow covering everything. It would be nice if my Subaru was running, mostly to avoid other drivers potentially hitting the Trax on an icy day. Another ding in a second hand 20 years old Outback would just add character.

·
Registered
1,344 Posts
Discussion Starter #90
I love my Buick and I'd like to drive it year round but I just can't see myself driving it on our salty car destroying roads.

Here's the interior, just beautiful all over.

And I'm sure you've seen the exterior shown here with my Trax.

@tm +6°C ( +42.8°F )

·
Registered
1,344 Posts
Discussion Starter #91 (Edited)
Well this morning I switched my fog lamps to coming "ON" with park laps instead of coming "ON" as soon as you turn the vehicle on. I tapped the violet/grey wire in the headlamp harness. Just made more sense. So now as soon as DRLs go "OFF" at dusk the fog lamps will come on. No use burning those nice LEDs prematurely.

@tm +10°C ( +50°F )

·
Registered
1,344 Posts
Discussion Starter #92
Waited all day yesterday for the UPS guy because the parcel delivery needs a signature, he never showed his face. Hopefully he'll come early this morning so I can go on with my day.

@tm +4°C ( +39.2°F )

·
Registered
1,344 Posts
Discussion Starter #93
It's amazing how much difference there is between the FWD and AWD gas mileage.
I'd say my Trax is pretty consistent at around 7.8l/100k average mostly city. I do mostly longer runs with the Encore.

@tm +7°C ( +44.6°F )

·
Registered
165 Posts
I'd say my Trax is pretty consistent at around 7.8l/100k average mostly city. I do mostly longer runs with the Encore.

@tm +7°C ( +44.6°F )
I'm currently at 8.5 L/100 km since I've only been going back and forth to work lately, which doesn't surprise me because it's only a 7 mile round trip 6 days a week. It would be a little nice to hit the highway every now and then, but work seems to think I'm too useful and doesn't want me to leave.

·
Registered
1,344 Posts
Discussion Starter #95
Last minute this guy calls up from a truck repair shop to see if I could repair a cluster before 7 am tomorrow. So I told him, " I have no set hours, I repair when somebody needs my help". Heck I once repaired one at 2 in the morning the only time the truck ever stopped was between midnight and 6 on Sunday morning 1.5 hours away. They had there truck back in operation on time too. Anyway it's ready already. Only problem I'll have to make sure I'm up to hand it to him. lol It had 7 out of 9 background bulbs burnt so I LEDed it in warm white.

18:[email protected] +16°C (+61.8°F )

·
Registered
1,344 Posts
Discussion Starter #96
Well it cooled off by quite a bit after the last storm...

19:[email protected] +3°C (+37.4F)

·
Registered
1,344 Posts
Discussion Starter #97 (Edited)
Saw the first snowflakes of the season over night. They were melting on contact because it was above freezing.

07:[email protected] +2°C (+35.6°F)

·
Registered
1,344 Posts
Discussion Starter #98
Cool morning, but I'm alive and above ground...suppose to go up to +9°C today. I have no plans for the day.

7:[email protected] 0°C (+32°F)

·
Registered
1,344 Posts
Discussion Starter #99

·
Registered
1,344 Posts
Discussion Starter #100 (Edited)
Today is one of those do nothing days... Waiting for the snow to stop so I can go clean up.

14:[email protected] 0°C (+32°F)

81 - 100 of 127 Posts