·
Registered
1,277 Posts
Discussion Starter #101

·
Registered
1,277 Posts
Discussion Starter #102
An other do nothing day, every shop is closed. Snow has melted pretty much, light snowflakes at the moment +2°C.

9:[email protected] +2°C ( +36°F )

·
Registered
1,277 Posts
Discussion Starter #103 (Edited)
Changed the oil filter in the Trax since it was so nice out. Also the previous owner didn't have the proper 24mm tool to remove the oil filter cover and kinda chewed the top nut so I replaced the filter cover holder with a cast aluminium one instead.

21:[email protected] +5°C ( +41°F )

·
Registered
1,277 Posts
Discussion Starter #104
My GOD this place is lively....

·
Registered
1,277 Posts
Discussion Starter #105
Today I repaired 2 AutoStart FOBs both needed a new unlock switch.

20:[email protected] -6°C ( +21°F )

·
Registered
1,277 Posts
Discussion Starter #106

·
Registered
1,277 Posts
Discussion Starter #108
Well we didn't get any snow, instead we are getting ice pellets and it is suppose to turn to rain later. Roads are a mess, it's like riding on ball bearings. Even a challenge for the Trax.

9:[email protected] -1°C ( +30°F )

·
Registered
146 Posts
Took my Trax in for its first service today at 7,198 miles, oil life at 9%. If I didn't have that trip to Philadelphia, I might have made it to the new year.

·
Registered
1,277 Posts
Discussion Starter #110
Somebody just dropped off an other Hummer H2 cluster for repair. So I guess I know what I'm doing tomorrow morning. Too tired now.

22:[email protected] -3°C ( +27°F )

·
Registered
1,277 Posts
Discussion Starter #111
Took my Trax in for its first service today at 7,198 miles, oil life at 9%. If I didn't have that trip to Philadelphia, I might have made it to the new year.
I always change the oil filter at around 55-60%. The way it is written in the manual it is hard to interpret. It says if you use Dexos1 to change the oil and filter at 3000 miles and disregard oil monitor. Then it says if you use full synthetic to change oil soon after 10%. It doesn't say not to change the filter still at 3000 miles. Mine at 55% is at about 3000 miles so I change the filter which I did a couple of weeks ago. Filter was pretty black then, it must be plugged at 7200 miles especially if it still had Dexos 1 in it. This is just my opinion though, not the holy grail.

·
Registered
1,277 Posts
Discussion Starter #112
Today was a long day enough for me. I knew I had an H2 cluster to do but before I had a chance to start an other gentleman called saying he was on his way for a cluster repair so did his first. Asked him for $100 he gave me a $100 that I had to rip from his clutch.

Then got started on the Hummer cluster.

Striped it of it's bulbs and motors and fixed a bunch of previous work done to it by an amateur. Took almost 2 hours for that alone.

Then I soldered the new LEDs in 9 blue, 2 green and one warm white for cruise.

Then installed and soldered the 7 motors.

End results was this.

Camera shot doesn't do it justice. Asked him for $160 and he gave me $200.

Then decided to put on the hood shocks on the Buick Encore to get rid of the prop rod. Imagine now a Buick with a prop rod, disgusting! Painted them body color last night.

I was interrupted to go get a cluster in Riverglade about 20 minutes away, the garage owner said he'd pay for fuel so off I went for an other repair. Also LEDed in blue. Asked him for $175 and he threw 2 $100 bills at me. Must be Christmas spirit or something.

Just got a call for an other cluster repair first thing in the morning.

20:[email protected] -1°C ( +30°F )

·
Registered
1,277 Posts
Discussion Starter #113

·
Registered
146 Posts
Had to drive across town today and pick up my daughter from her friends house, and decided to let one of the dogs ride along. After about a mile or two he starts whining about the windows not being open to stick his head out. So I opened both rears about 4 inches, which is just enough for him, and kept on driving.

Once I was nearly to the highway exit, speeds hit 40 mph and there was a reading bass toned pressure building up in the cabin. It was the wind catching the rear window and bouncing off to the front windshield. Cracked the front windows and the pressure was gone, one of the weirdest moments I've had in a car in a long time.

·
Registered
1,277 Posts
Discussion Starter #115
Today I drilled 8 small 3/16" holes in the door sills so I could spray rust check then plugged the holes with silicone plugs. Trying to save it from road salt for as long as I can.

11:[email protected] -2°C ( +28°F )

·
Registered
1,277 Posts
Discussion Starter #116
Just finished refurbishing an 03 Silverado cluster with only 104086 Kms. ( 64676 miles ). Old guy never drove at night or winter.

Old guy had a real hard time to do an etransfer, he had to go to the bank. lol
Then I mailed it out. He mailed it to me yesterday and he should get it back tomorrow morning.

This morning I received my 4C BMS, since I had a bit of spare time on my hands I decided to wire it in. It is all done and charging, tomorrow I should be able to test this 12Volt 20 cell Lithium ion battery to see how it performs.

·
Registered
146 Posts
Bought an 97 Oldsmobile Cutlass Supreme for my son's first car for $1800, garage kept with only 72,600 on the odometer. A little paint damage on the front bumper, and a slight crease on the driver's side rear door. But overall I think it's a solid little first car.

·
Registered
1,277 Posts
Discussion Starter #118
Does it still have working keyFOBs?

I have one here. The fourth from the left or second from the right.

·
Registered
146 Posts
Yes it does actually, only one set of keys and one fob, but in a way I'm not surprised. Still hard to believe 23 years later and I'm only the second owner.

·
Registered
1,277 Posts
Discussion Starter #120
Installed covers over the rear duct

101 - 120 of 120 Posts