Chevy Trax Forum banner

121 - 131 of 131 Posts

·
Registered
1,394 Posts
Discussion Starter #121
Today I changed the oil again.

There was 11500Kms on the synthetic oil and about 5000 on the last filter. I'm at 96000Kms on the Trax and running good.

·
Registered
181 Posts
Not exactly today, but i took the Olds to get the state inspection done for the year, and now i need an exhaust from behind the catalytic converter back. Only in Pennsylvania can you pass the emissions test but fail inspection because of the exhaust.

·
Registered
1,394 Posts
Discussion Starter #124
I just finished doing the brakes on the Trax. 1.5 hours and was so easy to do. Not one single bolt was seized or over torqued, everything came apart nicely, none of the guide pins were rusted or even dry of grease. $250 for coated rotors and pads. Not bad. It was a little cold on the cement slab but I got her done.

·
Registered
1,394 Posts
Discussion Starter #125
The noise I thought was coming from brake screamer is still there after brake job. I'm not surprised since screamers were still 3/16" from rotor. I will have to further investigate, next possibility is wheel bearing.

·
Registered
1,394 Posts
Discussion Starter #126 (Edited)
Oiled the hinge for the rear wiper so it would sit on the back glass properly.
Filled windshield washer reservoir again.
Changed the rollers on my garage door to nylon. All 10 of them.

·
Registered
1,394 Posts
Discussion Starter #127 (Edited)
With this virus going around today I did as much as my daughter's cat..
Here's something to keep your brain busy. What is the answer?

·
Registered
1,394 Posts
Discussion Starter #128
What no answers???

·
Registered
1,394 Posts
Discussion Starter #129
I just purchased the service manual for 2017 and up Trax just so I can answer questions for you guys....

·
Registered
1,394 Posts
Discussion Starter #130 (Edited)
Today I dropped the drive shaft on the Trax. Noise is gone! Hopefully I can get it fix. I now have a front wheel drive Trax until then.:cautious:

·
Registered
1,394 Posts
Discussion Starter #131
My daughter borrowed the Trax last year and scratched the shifter cover with her rings, so toady I sanded and repainted the cap.

121 - 131 of 131 Posts