Chevy Trax Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've been researching if the radio anti theft system will require a code. Some contributors said GM hasn't used radio codes since the '90s. People elsewhere say you have to call in with your radio serial number and if you can't locate it you would have to pull the screen to find it on the back. Others say it is in imbedded in the VIN. So, what has been your experience when you changed your battery? My 2017 has 60,000 miles on the original and may act up any time. I've gotten good service from AC/Delco.

·
Super Moderator
2,173 Posts
You'll be able to start your Trax lol. Nothing will happen, 90% of service requires you to disconnect the battery, so would make no sense to reset radio every time. Actually some radio problems ask you to disconnect the negative terminal for 60 seconds.

·
Registered
4 Posts
My 2011 CRV radio requires a code to be entered whenever the battery is disconnected. Haven’t tried it with my Trax yet.

·
Registered
56 Posts
You wont have any problems. If you are worried you can get a 9 volt battery that plugs into cigarette lighter out let. This will keep any settings intact till you get the new battery in. I bought one at auto Zone a few years ago. I have used it with no problems and have changed the battery with out it with no ill effects.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts