Chevy Trax Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys, I'm sure this has been covered before, but I didn't see it anywhere, so just going to through this out there...

I have a 2019 Chevy Trax, the 1.4L engine, dipstick is located in the front grill area, can u use a screw on oil filter instead of a cartridge filter ?

I read somewhere of people using the screw on type oil filter on theres, but Advacne Auto here in town says u cant or they dont have a exchange filter that fits this one..

·
Registered
150 Posts
As far as I know, you have to use the cartridge, I haven't seen anything 2019-20 with filter type swaps.

·
Registered
1,291 Posts
Why would you want a screw type when it's so much easier with the cartridge. Just make sure you use the right one. Does your Trax use a Hengst or UFI?

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #4 (Edited)
I don't no y I ask that question about a screw on filter...

I went out and looked at my cap today and can't see what it says on it, .......

I talked to my brother n law today, he changed the oil the last time it was changed, he said he didnt remember which filter it had on it when he changed it....but he told me I should go with the filter that has the spring on top of it........he explained y...

I made a appointment to have my local shop change my oil, this week, I'll know then which filter it uses, and make note of it, not a mechanic here, I used to change the oil and filter in my vehicles years ago, but haven't on the newer models

·
Registered
1,291 Posts
They are not interchangeable. If you have a black cap you have to use a Hengst, if you have a brown cap with ridges you have to use a UFI. If you put the filter with the spring in a Hengst it will be crushed and provide no filtering, Same with Hengst filter in a UFI housing except here you will have no backflow valve so oil will not be filtered.
Hengst_____ UFI

___GM#55593189____GM#25195776

• Buick 55594651

Hengst GM#55594651, Premium Guard 13621QD , K&N 74986SQ, FRAM CH10246, ACDelco PF2257G, WIX 33644ZS, Purolator SX1673

• _

• UFI GM#25195785, Premium Guard 99562YY

1 - 6 of 6 Posts