Chevy Trax Forum banner

181 - 200 of 236 Posts

·
Super Moderator
1,571 Posts
This isn't normal take it back. Pedal should stay firm. Like you said you probably need a new master cylinder.

·
Super Moderator
1,571 Posts
Well I guess this is normal after all. Just tried it

·
Registered
2 Posts
Fuse Cable to Battery Problem

Hi Everyone,

3 weeks ago I went to my Trax and it was dead. There was nothing happening on the vehicle at all! I had it towed to the dealer where they told me there was a disconnection between the fuse box cable and the battery. They also replaced the the positive battery cable.
Fast forward three weeks and it is dead again! Only this time I wiggled the cover at the positive battery post, tapped around the area and ta da, the electrics come on. I notice the smaller cable from the fuse box is melted at the batter connection and I can smell melted plastic!

Now I am freaked out!

Anyone out there have this problem?

Thanks for looking!
Ted

·
Super Moderator
1,571 Posts
The smaller one goes to the fuse block, I'm assuming here the previous person who worked on it didn't double check his work. If it's still under warranty bring her back and get them to do the work properly.

·
Registered
1 Posts
2019 AWD Trax Turbo problems

Evening all,

Bought a 2019 AWD Trax LT in December 2018.

After 3 weeks and at 2348 miles CEL comes on- dealership has to replace the "turbo charger solenoid".

Now 3 weeks later and at 4884 miles CEL comes on, under powered, dealership says it was the water issue in the after cooler and the "old" fix (heater box) is no longer the recommended fix as it didn't work. There is no current recommended fix per GM according to the dealership.

I'm going to see what happens but I'm being proactive and getting things in order to trade it off on a Subaru.

I bought this vehicle strictly to commute 200 miles a day/ 4 days a week. I can't have an unreliable car with known documented problems and yet no documented permanent fixes.

·
Super Moderator
1,571 Posts
How cold was it at the time? If you are in the USA, you have a lemon law that protects you if the dealer can't fix it you get your money back.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Intermittently failing to go into gear

Post about any issues/problems you have experience with your chevy trax in this thread.
My mother's 2017 Trax failed to go into drive or reverse after she backed out of an incline. She could move the gear shift but the vehicle would not go into forward or backward, this lasted for about 30 minutes. She recalled that about 2 weeks prior, the vehicle hesitated to go forward while in Drive at a stop light. The dealership and Chevy Customer Care attribute the incident to a failure on my mother's part to press on the brake pedal while backing down the incline. I do not believe that she did not have her foot on the brake. Just wondering if anyone has experienced this and has a more definitive answer as I do not know if my mother is safe driving the vehicle.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Computer Issue?

2015 Trax.

Like others, the time is almost never right. Sometimes 2 hours off, then seems to sync back to the right one after an hour or so. Tried to turn on/off the "time sync" that I guess uses ONSTAR but did not help
Recently I tried to start the car but got the click click which usually means dead battery.
Checked battery good voltage and amps
Clicked a few more times, it starts. Turned on/off a few times seems ok.
Later, did similar thing, thought maybe starter.
However this morning, started the car (made the rrr, rr looking like a weak battery but started). The sound was completely off, including turn signal noise and seat belt chimes.
Drove it a bit, turned it on/off, and the sound came back.

Seems more likely now an overall computer issue. Taking it in next week.

·
Super Moderator
1,571 Posts
Did you try cleaning your battery terminals?

·
Registered
1 Posts
2014 chev trax. Engine missing. No power. Hard on fuel. Obd2 said I got code p0303. I change 4 plugs. Change coil pack. Still got a engine missing ????

·
Super Moderator
1,571 Posts
Have you tried swapping injectors to see if misfire migrates to a different cylinder?

·
Registered
1 Posts
Yes, My 2016 trax pulls to the right. When I took it back to the dealer they said it is normal, but my mechanic says the problem stems from the front wheel drive torque.

·
Registered
34 Posts
Yes, My 2016 trax pulls to the right. When I took it back to the dealer they said it is normal, but my mechanic says the problem stems from the front wheel drive torque.
Most GM vehicles are designed to slightly pull right. Just in case someone falls asleep at the wheel, the car will slowly drift right into the ditch.

·
Super Moderator
1,571 Posts
I just sprung a coolant leak on my 2016 Trax at 78000Kms. I haven't been able to locate the leak yet because it's not leaking enough to drip on the pavement. Looking under the hood reveals nothing but I can smell it and the reservoir is dropping ever so slightly. Waiting game, but I will bring it in to get pressure tested.

·
Super Moderator
1,571 Posts
Reactions: DinoTrax

·
Super Moderator
1,571 Posts
Turns out that's not where it was leaking from, coolant is running along the exhaust manifold and what doesn't evaporate from the heat drips from the flange at the CAT. So tomorrow I will inspect the thermostat housing.

·
Registered
44 Posts
Thanks again for all your time and effort you put into these posts traxy.

·
Super Moderator
1,571 Posts
Tore through it this morning and saw that the seam between the water pump and thermostat housing was very wet and I could stick my finger nail in the gap. So thinking that maybe the screws had slacked or turned back I decided to re-torque them at 80 in-lb. The 2 top screws which were easy to get at with the torque ratchet took about half a turn before clicking and this closed the gap to nothing. The bottom screw I could not reach with the ratchet. Feeling around for it I realized I could turn it with my fingers, so I pulled it as tight as I could then pulled it tight guesstimating the torque with a small 8mm box wrench that happened to fit on the #10 Torx head. Now it's a waiting game...May still have to change the housing if it's warped.

Here's a picture of the water pump where the thermostat housing bolts to on the end.

Reactions: GAL and 63dart
181 - 200 of 236 Posts