Chevy Trax Forum banner

221 - 226 of 226 Posts

·
Registered
1,401 Posts
If you have the same types of roads and potholes we have, no vehicle is immune. I think I will need to replace a front wheel bearing soon and I only have 99,000kms.

·
Registered
1,401 Posts
Well I found the source of my noise which I thought was a wheel bearing. Turns out it wasn't a wheel bearing but a bearing none the less. It's the steady bearing on the propeller ( drive ) shaft. So far I haven't found a replacement bearing and dealer wants to sell me the whole shaft. Going to bring it to A+ driveshaft next week to see if they can part source the steady bearing, if not I'll have to make a financial decision on a junkyard shaft or a new one. GM#42529901

·
Registered
92 Posts
Well I found the source of my noise which I thought was a wheel bearing. Turns out it wasn't a wheel bearing but a bearing none the less. It's the steady bearing on the propeller ( drive ) shaft. So far I haven't found a replacement bearing and dealer wants to sell me the whole shaft. Going to bring it to A+ driveshaft next week to see if they can part source the steady bearing, if not I'll have to make a financial decision on a junkyard shaft or a new one. GM#42529901

What kind of noise you getting? Like a droning noise that resonates through the whole vehicle?

·
Registered
1,401 Posts
Actually it sounds like a scrapping noise. At first I thought it was the brake pad screamer which made sense to me since there was 60k miles on a mostly city driven vehicle. So I changed the rotors and pads. But to my surprise there was still about 3/16" left on the pads before it hit the screamer. Then I thought wheel bearing....As it got worst it started to make a wobbly sound on top of the scrapping sound and that is when I realised it was about 3 times wheel rotation speed which pointed to the drive shaft. Put it up on a hoist and sure enough although not as loud the stethoscope pointed it out.

·
Registered
3 Posts
AC Blower is making a high pitch noise. It sounds like baby birds chirping. I'm still on the bumper to bumper warranty so I might take it in. Anyone have any ideas what the cause might be? Thanks

·
Registered
1,401 Posts
Probably a dry blower fan motor bushing. Since they can't be greased you'll have to get the motor replaced.

221 - 226 of 226 Posts