Chevy Trax Forum banner

241 - 244 of 244 Posts

·
Registered
26 Posts
I changed the spark plugs myself. Didn't torque the #1 plug enough. it came loose and fried the solenoid. of course all 4 solenoids are packaged as 1 unit. $322 later...

·
Registered
5 Posts
I discovered that my engine seems to perform optimally when I supply it with mid-grade or premium octane fuel. Keep in mind I live at a very high altitude compared to most. The engine seems to accelerate smoother. With unleaded fuel I experienced occasional engine knocking, or at least what I thought was engine knocking.

·
Super Moderator
1,733 Posts
The manual states if you live in higher altitude to use higher grade gasoline if engine spark knocks..

Reactions: mattw1099

·
Registered
6 Posts
Yes well my lady and I have had a few problems with her 2018 chevy trax . The brakes started to get super touchy then they locked up . Onstar had it towed to the dealership. They claim they found nothing wrong even when there was a code sent to onstar . Few days later happened again so they flushed the brake lines . Was good for about six months . Then locked up while my lady was driving . Oh yeah was charged 800 dollars for the brake lines flushed as well . She limps it home it running crummy I look through well the mass airflow sensor is not working and there is a vacuum leak coming from my intake manifold . I'm in California I was told by a co worker that these parts and repair is under warrantee since they directly effect the smog . Is this correct can any one help me she well we have had it for little over two years been in the shop 5 times and after about 1000 bucks still making payments on the piece . This can not be legal one would not think maybe if it was first time going into shop but its the 5 th time . I am not so sure I want to purchase a gm anything anymore when used to be my preffered choice . I am just wanting good business for a loyal customer but seems I cant get that from gm.

241 - 244 of 244 Posts