Chevy Trax Forum banner

241 - 249 of 249 Posts

·
Registered
86 Posts
I changed the spark plugs myself. Didn't torque the #1 plug enough. it came loose and fried the solenoid. of course all 4 solenoids are packaged as 1 unit. $322 later...

·
Registered
5 Posts
I discovered that my engine seems to perform optimally when I supply it with mid-grade or premium octane fuel. Keep in mind I live at a very high altitude compared to most. The engine seems to accelerate smoother. With unleaded fuel I experienced occasional engine knocking, or at least what I thought was engine knocking.

·
Super Moderator
1,940 Posts
The manual states if you live in higher altitude to use higher grade gasoline if engine spark knocks..

Reactions: mattw1099

·
Registered
6 Posts
Yes well my lady and I have had a few problems with her 2018 chevy trax . The brakes started to get super touchy then they locked up . Onstar had it towed to the dealership. They claim they found nothing wrong even when there was a code sent to onstar . Few days later happened again so they flushed the brake lines . Was good for about six months . Then locked up while my lady was driving . Oh yeah was charged 800 dollars for the brake lines flushed as well . She limps it home it running crummy I look through well the mass airflow sensor is not working and there is a vacuum leak coming from my intake manifold . I'm in California I was told by a co worker that these parts and repair is under warrantee since they directly effect the smog . Is this correct can any one help me she well we have had it for little over two years been in the shop 5 times and after about 1000 bucks still making payments on the piece . This can not be legal one would not think maybe if it was first time going into shop but its the 5 th time . I am not so sure I want to purchase a gm anything anymore when used to be my preffered choice . I am just wanting good business for a loyal customer but seems I cant get that from gm.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Hello Team. My 2017 Trax is having an issue with the AWD. Driving in snow and ice for longer periods causes the AWD to disable itself. A message comes up saying AWD is disabled. The manual states it is caused by excessive wheel spin and the system needs to cool down. It's rather inconvenient. Has anyone else experienced this?
I am having this issue with my 19. Every time it snows and the wheels spin it disables awd . I can't get anyone to see a fix. Have you?

·
Registered
1 Posts
Hello Team. My 2017 Trax is having an issue with the AWD. Driving in snow and ice for longer periods causes the AWD to disable itself. A message comes up saying AWD is disabled. The manual states it is caused by excessive wheel spin and the system needs to cool down. It's rather inconvenient. Has anyone else experienced this?
All in all my Trax has been good to me but lots of stupid issues that should not have happened this early. 2014 Trax LT with 53,000km or 32,000 miles. I have had to replace both front control arms - extended warranty, oil pan gasket - under warranty, oil cooler seals - extended warranty, both rear shocks were leaking so I replace them. My front right strut needs replacing now. PIA vehicles lol.
My 2017 Chevy Trax ls is having the same problem with the All wheel drive off message on my display I’m gonna try resetting it tomorrow an see if it works before I take it to the dealership it has 24,000 miles on it ! It also happened while driving in the snow

·
Super Moderator
1,940 Posts
There may be a recalibration needed or you may have a faulty rear differential temperature sensor.

·
Super Moderator
285 Posts
I had the AWD system disable on me once this year, 15°F with freezing rain in the wee hours of the morning. I gave a coworker and his brother a ride home from work, and the biggest saving grace was that there was snow under the ice but it was still very slippery.

About 5 blocks away from dropping them off I pulled over in a parking lot when the dashboard said "AWD Disabled", checked the manual and found out it was actually an overheating situation. I just sat for about 5 minutes with the engine running and when I put it in gear again the differential was cool enough to engage AWD again.

·
Registered
3 Posts
I am having this issue with my 19. Every time it snows and the wheels spin it disables awd . I can't get anyone to see a fix. Have you?
My 19 is doing that also in the snow what good is all wheel drive if it turns off on you when you need it the most. Is there a fix or is it just a defect it the Trax.

241 - 249 of 249 Posts