Chevy Trax Forum banner
261 - 272 of 272 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
I just sprung a coolant leak on my 2016 Trax at 78000Kms. I haven't been able to locate the leak yet because it's not leaking enough to drip on the pavement. Looking under the hood reveals nothing but I can smell it and the reservoir is dropping ever so slightly. Waiting game, but I will bring it in to get pressure tested.
My 2016 did the exact same thing a few months ago at 56000 miles. Just kept refilling and watching closely. Never a spot or drip in my driveway. Got home one day and coolant dumped out from underneath the passenger side seat. Water pump. Took the dealer they pressure tested and said I had a hairline crack on the drivers side in the radiator. I asked to speak to a manager and insisted they pressure check again. That was not where the big leak was at. They tested again and said yes water pump and radiator. Water pump was 300. They had to special order the radiator and sent me home and told me to keep an eye on the coolant. I used AC Delco cooling system tabs. 7.00 on Amazon. Worked like a charm. It will buy me some time for that 1400 radiator repair.

·
Administrator
2,606 Posts
That's how I cured my leak, never leaked again since,

·
Registered
1 Posts
Problems we have had, are annoying but minimal. Driver window squeaks going up and down. Dealership tried to fix for the past 2 years to no avail. The black driver and passenger plastic pieces right above the windshield have come loose. Looks like they were held on by double-sided tape.

·
Registered
1 Posts
I also have the issue of smelling exhaust or oil when the heat is on and my car is in park or sitting idle at red lights.
Just today, my husband went to start the 2015 Trax we have and it wouldn't even turn over. Lights, door ajar bells, all sounds were working, but the ignition just was not working.
We have just recently replaced the battery and I do not think the battery is the issue, as there are other issues we have had in which the vehicle refuses to crank, or is slow to turn over.
I'll take any advice or suggestions from you all

·
Registered
1 Posts
I have a 2021 trax and im feeling a thumping noise from rear and i went under car and it looks like the its moving up and down from rear end anybody have that issue car has 550 miles and has 11000 now and dealer wont cover it because its a rebuilt
Post about any issues/problems you have experience with your chevy trax in this thread.

·
Registered
1 Posts
someone please help me. I have a 2016 Chevy Trax, i bought it used at one of the Townsend dealership in 2017, it had 40,00 miles at time of purchase. as of 2021 i have been experiencing problems with my frontend suspension on the driver side. the problems are, cluncking, rattling, squeaking when ever i go on a rough road or hit bumps, low areas or rocks. it also do it when i am driving and turning. I took it to the chevy dealership last year but they act as if they did not hear anything. April 2021, i replaced the front struts. buti still heard bumps. 2022, i started hearing and experiencing problems. on April 13 2022, I took it back to to chevy motors, they had my car for 3 weeks and all they could come up with is to replace the strut plate. i still hear the squeaks, rattaling and some cluncking. besides the struts being replace by the repair shop. i have replaced the following: sway bar link, lower control arms, rotor and brakes. iames, post: 8866, member: 817"]
Post about any issues/problems you have experience with your chevy trax in this thread.
[/QUOTE]

261 - 272 of 272 Posts