Chevy Trax Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Super Moderator
2,057 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Has anybody installed wheel spacers on their Trax? I was looking at getting 20mm spacers 5 X 105 -56.6mm to push out the wheels a little so it doesn't look like the wheels are tucked underneath like a school bus. I know 4/5th of and inch isn't much but may be just enough to make it look better. I'm just wondering if the tires would rub at full radius. A 40mm wider track would look good I think. Plus if I ever decide to go to 235mm/60R16 next summer it would help push the wheels away from the control arm.

·
Super Moderator
2,057 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Received my spacers today, tomorrow if my back holds up I will try these.

·
Super Moderator
2,057 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 · (Edited)
This morning I installed my spacers since my back was better. They fit perfectly and in my opinion look a lot better than before. There is no rubbing on the control arms in either direction. Could have maybe gone to 25mm but may have stuck out too much. I think 20mm was a good choice.

Before...

After...

Now the front...

Feel free to vent an opinion for or against.

Can't wait to see what the 235/60-R16 Defenders look like on the Trax and hope they don't rub. I know the ratio change is very acceptable and barely changes the speedometer.

·
Registered
1 Posts
You can measure the distance between wheels and fenders to determine what thickness of wheel spacers to install. I had BONOSS wheel spacers on my car for almost 21,000 miles, with no issues whatsoever.
Maybe you can try what I installed.

They can customize the thickness and data that I want, so that I can install new tires with different data, and the customization time is very fast, just 1~3 days.
They have aluminum alloy 7075-T6 and 6061-T6 options. 7075-T6 will be more expensive but better in quality. In fact, 6065-T6 is good enough. Its tensile strength, yield strength and elongation can support our normal use. And its lugs are grade T10, studs are forged grade 12.9.

Here is an article introducing spacers.
Hope this helps.

·
Super Moderator
2,057 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·

·
Super Moderator
2,057 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Today I already received my new 1" (25mm) spacers. They look almost to nice to put on the Trax, very nice quality, I'm impressed for the price and coming from China. Tried them inside the alloy wheels and they fit like a glove. I thought the lug nuts were chromed but they are stainless steel. The studs are black anodized. Unreal for $221.08 Cdn ($200.85 + $19.23 UPS brokerage fees) delivered to my door.

·
Super Moderator
2,057 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Pretty much done modding.

·
Registered
14 Posts
When ever u get a minute to do so can I see a pic of the 25mm spacers installed? And any updates on how well they've held up? Trying to decide on 20 or 25.

·
Super Moderator
2,057 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Well last year I had the 20mm and it looked pretty good but when it came to put the winter tires on the rims wouldn't fit because the studs protruded. Hoping the 25mm will not do this but it is only 5mm more. I'm going to put the 20mm ones on the Encore when I rotate the wheels. But I will take pictures for sure and come back here for sure, I always do. I'm addicted now! Post #3 has pictures with the 20mm's

Reactions: LegacyTrax

·
Registered
14 Posts
Awesome thank you! I'm actually new to the trax family and the forums coming in with a 2020 LT awd cajun red. And actually yes I did see the pics of the 20mm can't wait to see the 25s

·
Super Moderator
2,057 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Should be at the beginning of April sometime....

·
Super Moderator
2,057 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
@ LegacyTrax
Pictures don't really seem to do it justice but the Trax does look better with these on. Maybe after a good wash and tire prep.

Front

Rear

·
Registered
1 Posts

If it's not too much to ask, where did you order your spacers from, did you need and adapter rings for it and did you notice any difference on the ride quality after you installed them? I want to add some on my 2016 but keep my stock wheels. Would you also have the part no. of the spacers so I can be sure I'm ordering the correct ones?

·
Super Moderator
2,057 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
_Post #5

1 - 17 of 17 Posts