Chevy Trax Forum banner

1 - 20 of 64 Posts

·
Registered
184 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Couldn't help but notice that we didn't have a thread on where everyone's from ! Every other forum has one, we're quite active, so pfft, why can't we ?!

Just a thread to see where everyone's from to try and get an idea about the great community we have.

I shall start, I'm located in Ontario, Canada :D Experiencing quite a bit of snow down here so the forum shall be the domain of my curiosity today lol.

·
Registered
31 Posts
New to the forums but love to be a part of these conversations, I'll just jump right in. I'm out here in Ontario as well however, not from the city area. I'm up in Aurora.

·
Registered
206 Posts
I am in Wisconsin, in Cudahy. Cudahy is better know for is big suburb of Milwaukee.
Yes we have some light snow falling right now.

·
Registered
31 Posts
Light snow on the odd occasion isn't too bad I suppose. Wonder if there's anyone from the warmer climates that haven't gotten the chance to experience the snow.

·
Registered
36 Posts
Cheshire, Connecticut in the USA. I should say that you folks have some beautiful country up there in Ontario. A couple of years ago (summer of 2014), I vacationed for a week in the Sturgeon Bay area near Parry Sound.

·
Registered
745 Posts
Cheshire, Connecticut in the USA. I should say that you folks have some beautiful country up there in Ontario. A couple of years ago (summer of 2014), I vacationed for a week in the Sturgeon Bay area near Parry Sound.
I can vouch for that area as well and especially around the part of ontario they call the shield, if there's anywhere special you must drive your Trax up to in Canada, that should be it. Even Canadians living in the main cities don't know about it. Best to enjoy it before the world goes to **** in a handbasket :D

·
Registered
181 Posts
San Diego California, where I can still wear shorts and sandals in the middle of winter. The beach is a few minutes to the west, snow capped mountains or a large desert playground about an hour to the east.

·
Registered
772 Posts
San Diego California, where I can still wear shorts and sandals in the middle of winter. The beach is a few minutes to the west, snow capped mountains or a large desert playground about an hour to the east.
Sounds a **** of alot better than the 38 here right now, and the 14 and 17, I see coming up for thrusday and friday nights.

At this time of the year, owning enough long johns to outfit an army, from my years of working outside, comes in very handy.

If I never saw cold again I wouldn't miss it.

·
Registered
31 Posts
Oh yeah, just flaunt it why don't you ;) I'm out here wearing jogging pants under my jeans lol. We did get some warm weather today here though...4 degrees Celsius...

·
Registered
184 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Lol you're really in the wrong place then, my friend. I'm here too and it's really not that bad.. today has a real feel of about -15, how many pants are you wearing?!

·
Registered
772 Posts
Yikes.. is that with the wind-chill ??
No wind chill numbers, but at least the wind died down, the night before was winds of 25 or more, below zero for wind chill.

Not looking forward to the next few days tonight 12 then Saturday is 9, then Sunday 7, daily highs in the 20's with snow showers.
(snow showers are those snow storms that slop the roads up just enough, (no accumulation) to make a mess of your nice clean vehicle)

What I love about those snow showers is the state plow trucks drive around with the plow down scraping the roads tearing the **** out of them while spewing salt mixed with rocks 1/4" in size which do a number on your vehicle and windshield.

Those temps. are in the valley area, I live up in the mountains where it gets a little colder I would say half those numbers.

1 - 20 of 64 Posts