Chevy Trax Forum banner

41 - 60 of 61 Posts

·
Registered
1,291 Posts
Redding California. Please don't hold the fact that I am in California against me. I hate it here and will be looking at an exit plan soon.
Beautiful pedway though! Better hurry before an earthquake and tsunami...:D

·
Registered
3 Posts
I just signed up for the forum so this is my first post. I just got my Trax on Thursday.

I'm from Woodbridge, New Jersey. It's in Central NJ about an hour from NYC.

We're expecting some decent snow tomorrow so I can't wait to get out and play in it!

·
Registered
1,291 Posts
Don't expect to be able to drift your Trax, Traction control won't let you and will put your Trax into engine management which is kind of a bummer for experienced drivers. The rear differential is on a need on demand. If the ECM detects front wheel spin for more than the desired time it will clutch in the rear differential, sometimes and most of the time this is a smooth switch. But occasionally it can be a violent switch followed by a sudden engine die. I've had mine for 2 winters and so far it has plowed through most of what I've thrown at it and performed well. Even though it is called an AWD it doesn't perform as one. My Mitsubishi AWD was AWD all the time and you never felt this kick when the rear diff snaps in. Knowing this, it, in no way hinders the functionality of this vehicle in snow. It performs rather well. Have fun in the snow and hope you enjoy your new Trax as it's designed.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Thanks! Did some (controlled) sliding but I did hit a buried curb with my driver side tire and chipped the rim. Some concern over alignment but rims are easily replaceable. Otherwise handled like a champ. Some more weather coming in this week so I'll just have to be a little more careful. Looking to get Mats from WeatherTech and some seat covers (probably from Chevy) this week then looking into getting a roof rack shortly afterwards.

·
Registered
44 Posts
nothing like keeping an old thread alive!
West Virginia? Not sure if I have been there or not, need to check a map.

If I did not say it before, I am in Northwest Baja California, Mexico
31°44'N 116°39'W

·
Registered
9 Posts
Dayton, Ohio

Bought an LT Sunburst Metallic Orange new in 2017. I had nothing but imports since the 70s. Chevies sure got better. I remember a friend who would take a new Chevy to his mechanic to go over it and adjust timing and alignment and anything else he could find. An uncle had a 70s Pontiac that he had back to the dealer a half dozen times until they found a vacuum hose disconnected. In Ohio there still is an affinity for GM products. And though there's virtually no US components in the Trax, it has been on a par with my 80s Corolla and 90s Altima. It certainly is a World Car.

41 - 60 of 61 Posts