Chevy Trax Forum banner
1 - 20 of 45 Posts

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
I'm seeing alot of bad reviews for the trifecta tune on this forum while I was doing some homework.. I really find it surprising because I had the tune installed on my 2015 cruze and the cars performance was night and day difference. Why would the trax not perform the same? It has the exact same powertrain.

FINAL EDIT/CLIFF NOTES:

It's been 2 weeks since the trifecta tune was installed. First week did not notice a difference between stock and tuned. Contacted support and they had me do a couple data logs. They created another tune based off my data log and I installed it and logged a WOT pull for them. Car felt different, but still not what I was expecting. They got back to me after a few days and said my gas was not high enough octane, at first I didn't believe them but after another fresh tank of shell 91 and a few KMs getting that gas through the engine, i decided to try out the cars performance again. Holy ****! The car goes like snot. They were telling me the truth about the gas, it's been two or three days now with the good gas and the cars performance is fantastic. It took a week and a half of contacting support, but I am happy with the tune. Very happy!

·
Registered
143 Posts
I have the Bad News Racing tune and it works just fine. Don't know about the Trifecta tune. I believe Traxy had it and didn't like it at all. I'm sure he will chime in and let you know what he thinks.

·
Administrator
2,663 Posts
Please do, and don't embellish it.

Reactions: Trax123321

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Installed the tune. It's definitely not as aggressive as the cruze but there is a difference. I'll drive it for a week or so and see what happens.

·
Registered
11 Posts
I'm seeing alot of bad reviews for the trifecta tune on this forum while I was doing some homework.. I really find it surprising because I had the tune installed on my 2015 cruze and the cars performance was night and day difference. Why would the trax not perform the same? It has the exact same powertrain.
I had the trifecta tune. I had installed a boost gauge just to see what it would do. The boost for that stock engine went up pretty high and it honestly felt like it was thrown together. Some like it some don’t. I went through remote tuning with zzperformance and love it. But I also put a lot of parts on from them so they knew what to tune for. Just keep an eye on the intake manifold. It’s not perfect and can blow out from what I’ve seen on YouTube.

·
Registered
11 Posts
I had the trifecta tune. I had installed a boost gauge just to see what it would do. The boost for that stock engine went up pretty high and it honestly felt like it was thrown together. Some like it some don’t. I went through remote tuning with zzperformance and love it. But I also put a lot of parts on from them so they knew what to tune for. Just keep an eye on the intake manifold. It’s not perfect and can blow out from what I’ve seen on YouTube.
I also have all wheel drive so I’m not sure if their is a difference

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 · (Edited)
Definitely noticeable difference. Took me a few days to really notice, probably because I was daily driving a 455 hp camaro for the past 2 months.

Car accelerates smoothly, I don't need to go WOT to merge or pass on highway. Overall I am happy.

Edit: I was in a delusional state wheb writing above post, the trifecta tune is not good.

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Just curious what you've installed?

·
Registered
11 Posts
Hp tuners. They have a bunch more changes that can be made. I also have upgrades from them that they tuned for. It was more expensive but I wanted my investments protected

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Please do, and don't embellish it.
Traxxy, I am sorry I doubted you, the trifecta tune I got sucks. My cruze tune was NIGHT AND DAY difference. I did some testing tonight with cruise control on and off, absolutely no difference except for shift points. It honestly feels smoother with the tune off.

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Good news for anyone that is following. Got in contact with my teifecta salesman and he got in touch with trifecta. They would like me to do a few data logs and send them in. I'm happy to see that they are helping.

·
Administrator
2,663 Posts
They did the same thing for me but kept blaming it on my engine. When I asked for my money back they stopped answering my emails and phone calls. It's a scam, I'm ashamed to have been caught up in.

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
They did the same thing for me but kept blaming it on my engine. When I asked for my money back they stopped answering my emails and phone calls. It's a scam, I'm ashamed to have been caught up in.
What didnthey say was wrong with your engine? I am a GM technician so I work on these things all the time.

·
Administrator
2,663 Posts
At first they said the knock sensor, then my turbo, then bad gas on and on. I gave up. Turbo was good building up to 14PSI, replaced knock sensor but the old one was good.

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
If all these things you stated were bad, you'd have codes. I'm still gonna log and see what they say, but I'm a licensed GM tech so there will be no fooling me if they try.

1 - 20 of 45 Posts