Chevy Trax Forum banner
21 - 40 of 45 Posts

·
Administrator
2,663 Posts
If you are a GM tech maybe you can explain to me why both my Encore and Trax Boost pressure read -2.1 PSI with ignition "ON" and the Cruze reads 0.0PSI. It should be Zero, the engine isn't running. Always puzzled me and it seems you can't compensate for this at the ECM. Maybe GM cheaped out to compensate for these heavier vehicles and didn't want to rewrite the software and this is their cheat.

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter · #22 ·
If you are a GM tech maybe you can explain to me why both my Encore and Trax Boost pressure read -2.1 PSI with ignition "ON" and the Cruze reads 0.0PSI. It should be Zero, the engine isn't running. Always puzzled me and it seems you can't compensate for this at the ECM. Maybe GM cheaped out to compensate for these heavier vehicles and didn't want to rewrite the software and this is their cheat.
Lol I'm a tech not an engineer. I don't know that but I can look at the description and operation of the sensor and see what the ecm is supposed to see.

Wanted to give you more info, doing the logs today and reflashed to stock, car is running PERFECT, stock actually runs better then tuned. They cannot say my car is at fault. It's running flawlessly under stock software.

·
Administrator
2,663 Posts
They cannot say my car is at fault. It's running flawlessly under stock software.
But they still will, you watch!!!! I just leave cruise "ON" this disables the Trifecta tune.

Font Gadget Screenshot Technology Electronic device

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter · #24 ·
If they do start throwing faulty components at me I might just change them. I get cheaper cost for parts and free labor so maybe I'll just play the game and see who wins.

·
Administrator
2,663 Posts
I gave up after weeks and weeks of back and forth emails and Robert not answering his phone.

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter · #26 ·
I gave up after weeks and weeks of back and forth emails and Robert not answering his phone.
Sent the logs Sunday night, they emailed back saying I needed to tune the car and go WOT right away, something to do with "octane tables". I just filled my tank with 91 v power gas from shell before making the log and assured them its 91 octane, sent the picture of the receipt, so gas is not the problem. We'll see what they say.

·
Administrator
2,663 Posts
lol, they never used that excuse with me. New one!

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter · #29 ·
Installed the updated tune and logged last night. With the updated tune the car runs better and I can actually feel a difference. Didn't get on her too hard because I didn't get all good from trifecta yet, but there is a noticeable difference in power... so they are on the right track.

·
Administrator
2,663 Posts
They weren't that zealous to help me.

·
Administrator
2,663 Posts
Wish he would have been around for me. Mine is a dud.

·
Administrator
2,663 Posts
Yes, but never use it anymore. Leave cruise on.

·
Administrator
2,663 Posts
Was nothing wrong with my turbo and still isn't.

Green Black Font Technology Screenshot

·
Registered
143 Posts
I believe what helps with the BNR tune is it will hold 20 pounds of boost if your actuator is good and there are no leaks. I have the BNR billet waist gate actuator on mine.

·
Administrator
2,663 Posts
Torque Pro on my Android Dasaita radio with a Bluetooth obd2 plugin.
Car Vehicle Motor vehicle Automotive design Steering wheel

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter · #40 ·
Alright. They got back to me. The first initial tune I got was a dud. I didn't feel anything other than different shift points. I was told to data log then they sent me a revised tune and was told to data log with that tune installed. They got back to me and told me the tune is safe and if I want more power to run 93 octane. I'm currently running 91.

There is a difference in power and overall how the car drives.. but it's NOTHING like how it was on my cruze. My manual 2015 cruze with the trifecta tune was a small rocket, it would spin the tires once boost hit, I kept up with so many cars I shouldn't of kept up with.

Overall, am I happy? Meh. A bit. The car does drive alot better. Less input to the accelerator and the car moves along. Trans is alot more aggressive, shift points are changed, downshift at the right time when wanting to accelerate. It's good, but not what I expected based off the experience I got with my cruze.

If you want the car to just have better drivability and a bit more power, i recommend the trifecta. But if all you care about is power than its probably not the tune to go for.

Personally I am ordering more parts from zzp and tuning through ZZP ipn the future.

21 - 40 of 45 Posts