Chevy Trax Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Im seriously considering buying a 2020 Chevy Trax LT and it comes with standard stock 16" rims/tires which Id definitely want to upgrade. Will 18" inch rims fit on a 2020 LT model and whats the exact tires and specs Id need to buy to fit as well?

(I was going to post this in the tire/rim forum but no one has posted there in 26 days. I appreciate if you guys could help me here)

·
Super Moderator
1,733 Posts
What is the original tire size?

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
The tires the dealership gives you with it are P205/70R16...it just looks too darn small in my opinion...I want to get 18" rims and the tallest tire possible to make it look higher off the ground. I need to know if 18" rims will fit on a 2020 LT model and what the tallest tire specs I can put of their without rubbing

·
Super Moderator
1,733 Posts
18' will fit, the LTZ comes with them. A taller tire will throw your speedometer off. If you want to know what is acceptable, here's an example. If you go too tall you will lose acceleration and will bog down the little 1.4l

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
There isnt much of a height difference between the 215 and the 235...am I missing something?

Also...are there no lift kits for the 2020 Traxes?

·
Registered
50 Posts
Actually I have been pondering the same question every now and then. Would be nice to see a mini monster truck trax lolol.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Id love the mini SUV but the 16" rims ruin it for me and its so low to the ground too. I want bigger rims, taller tires, lift kit, spaccer or whatever it takes to make it look higher off the ground. Are lift kits expensive? Do they even make lift kits for Trax? I went to the Spaccer website and it was very confusing. Will 18" rims and taller tires help?

·
Registered
3 Posts
Im seriously considering buying a 2020 Chevy Trax LT and it comes with standard stock 16" rims/tires which Id definitely want to upgrade. Will 18" inch rims fit on a 2020 LT model and whats the exact tires and specs Id need to buy to fit as well?

(I was going to post this in the tire/rim forum but no one has posted there in 26 days. I appreciate if you guys could help me here)

Google is your friend.

·
Super Moderator
1,733 Posts
There isn't much of a height difference between the 215 and the 235...am I missing something?
The first number isn't the height it's the width, the second number is the % of the width for the height of the wall.

·
Super Moderator
1,733 Posts
So say 205 would be 205 mm across on top and the 70 would be 143.5 mm sidewall on the sidewall.
Yes

Would 17" tires/rims help stability with strong winds compared with 16"?
Tire or rim size won't help! The Trax is light weight compared to it's height so it tends to get blown around in high winds.

·
Registered
15 Posts
18' will fit, the LTZ comes with them. A taller tire will throw your speedometer off. If you want to know what is acceptable, here's an example. If you go too tall you will lose acceleration and will bog down the little 1.4l

Thank you

Thank you for the information

·
Registered
3 Posts
The tires the dealership gives you with it are P205/70R16...it just looks too darn small in my opinion...I want to get 18" rims and the tallest tire possible to make it look higher off the ground. I need to know if 18" rims will fit on a 2020 LT model and what the tallest tire specs I can put of their without rubbing
My 2020 Trax Premier came with 18" tire no problem I believe they are stock on all Premier models

·
Registered
6 Posts
I am running 225/70 16's on my 2015 Trax.They will fit without rubbing.Speed difference to the original 205's is minimal to the point it isn't noticeable and they don't look small.

·
Super Moderator
1,733 Posts

·
Super Moderator
265 Posts
My 2020 Trax Premier came with 18" tire no problem I believe they are stock on all Premier models
Yup, standard size for Premier and Red Line editions is 18" rims, which is factory standard for the Buick Encore also. I'm waiting for some to hit the scrapyards to get a factory set cheap, hopefully they'll have lost the ContiPro Contacts by then.

Sent from my BND-L34 using Tapatalk

1 - 17 of 17 Posts