Chevy Trax Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I own a 2020 Trax LT version and I was wondering does anyone know if the Fog Lights that come on the Premier version fit on the LT? Ive seen the sold on eBay but I dont know if this can be done and how would you even do the wiring?

·
Registered
13 Posts
Hey I just got a 2020 LT also lol not much knowledge on premier fogs fitting LTs but there are a couple different kits on ebay one being a 17-20 trax fog light kit comes with all wiring and such and an install video on youtube from Winjet Automotive channel. Pretty self explanatory if u know how to do basic car stuff. Here is the link to them:

And the install video:

·
Registered
2 Posts
I'd be willing to bet that the Premier fogs do fit. But the wiring would need to be taken care of obviously. I have had good luck with those pre made kits that include everything. I'm sure you could install it no problem in an hour or two.

Reactions: LegacyTrax

·
Registered
11 Posts
I'd be willing to bet that the Premier fogs do fit. But the wiring would need to be taken care of obviously. I have had good luck with those pre made kits that include everything. I'm sure you could install it no problem in an hour or two.
Does a vehicle like the Trax require reprogramming by the dealer when you add a 3rd party fog light kit?

·
Registered
13 Posts
Negative the kit will come with a switch which will operate the new lights the Traxs only involvement is supplying the power it really won't even realize you have them.

·
Super Moderator
2,030 Posts
The Traxs only involvement is supplying the power it really won't even realize you have them.
Make sure to connect ground to chassis and not battery negative. Ground return has to go through the current loop.

I connected mine so they turn off with high beams. Illegal here in Canada to have more than 4 lights pointing forward and since the Trax's low beam stay on with highs well I had to turn off fogs. Simple enough. Oh and I can't turn them on when while DRLs are on, not necessary and useless anyway.

Added bonus they come on when I remote start.

Day or night

Reactions: LegacyTrax

·
Registered
13 Posts
:unsure: I was referring to how the kit comes. If you are looking to plug and play it's pretty self explanatory with multiple videos on youtube for installation. Still will not need to be reprogrammed regardless of choice on installation. So I'm confused why my reply got replied to because nothing I said was wrong just generally worded but definitely some good tips there sir.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts