Chevy Trax Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
206 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Last night was the first time I have driven the wife's Trax at night. I noticed that there was only one of the 4 window switches illuminated in the door panel, the one for the drivers window. Also the switch for locking the windows is not illuminated in either position. pressing the lock switch does not effect the switch lighting. All switches will open and close the windows as normal.
In the passenger door the lock switch is illuminated but not the window switch. In both back doors the window switches are not illuminated.
Is this normal or do I have an electrical issue that needs to be looked into?

Attachments

·
Registered
206 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Yes it is an odd design, so much so that I had to ask the question.

Or do we both have an electrical issue?

·
Registered
772 Posts
Anyone have a LTZ that can tell us if the whole switch lights up on their car?

If so you might be able to get a switch panel out of a higher model like a Encore or LTZ.

·
Registered
772 Posts
Being that I'm home, and its night I can check my Buick, the whole switch lights up.

When I open the door it lights up, I never drive at night anymore I'm usually home by the time it gets dark.

You could more than likely swap the whole switch out with a used one from ebay, look up >Buick Encore Master window switch.

·
Registered
206 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
If it is designed to be that way I can live with it since the only time I get to drive the Trax is when it needs gas. it is now 2 years old and only has 1600 miles so it has not needed gas very often. If it is supposed to all be on then I would take it in and make them fix it. When it goes in for its oil change next month, just for giggles I may just bring it up and see what the dealer has to say.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts