Chevy Trax Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My windshield washer fluid doesn't work when it's cold outside. I live in Michigan. Is there a special solution?

·
Registered
110 Posts
Use a washer fluid rated low enough not to freeze in your temps.

·
Registered
25 Posts
Yea.....you gotta look at the jug. It will tell you if it is rated for below -20 degrees.
NOT sure why that is NOT the only thing they sell? So you live in San Diego.......it STILL cleans the windshield!!! WHY mess with two different grades of washer fluid?? Just one of those weird questions of todays World........????

·
Registered
110 Posts
I use -20 year round and I live in Tennessee. It got down to 9 the other night and snowed 9 inches. Thats the most snow we have had in a few years. I have seen it -20 here but that hasn't happened since 1979. It will get around 90 to 95 in the summer.

·
Registered
25 Posts
I use -20 year round and I live in Tennessee. It got down to 9 the other night and snowed 9 inches. Thats the most snow we have had in a few years. I have seen it -20 here but that hasn't happened since 1979. It will get around 90 to 95 in the summer.
WOW!! You got 9 inches of Snow? We have not had more than 4 inches here in one shot! You Guys are on that "borderline" weather wise. You may never know day to day what you may get.

A Blizzard one day........and Tornadoes the next?? I am in Wisconsin.............

1 - 6 of 6 Posts