Chevy Trax Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi,

Looking for advice on winter tires for a 2015 Trax size 20570R16. I really like Michelin XIce but they don't come in this size. Dealer offers Dunlop Grandtrek in that size but I don't know anything about them. Has anyone tried different sizes or can make any suggestions?

Thanks

·
Registered
8 Posts
I have just had fitted 225/60/16 Kuhmos fitted.They fit.with no issues.I have had them on for a wheel on the stock alloys that came with the car.

·
Registered
8 Posts
My mistake.They are 225/70/16.Come close to front suspension but do not contact.Tyre shop said no issues.

·
Super Moderator
1,931 Posts
I had Hankook iPike installed 215/65-r16. They are only 1% off so recommended. The 225/70-R16 isn't recommended because it is more than 4% off on the odometer.

·
Super Moderator
1,931 Posts
Rule of thumb for tire interchangeability is if you go up 10 cms on the width you need to come down 5% on the height. First number is width in cms, second number is height percentage of width, R is for radial and last number is rim diameter.

So 205/70R16 is compatible with 215/65R16 and with 195/75R16. If you are doing mostly city driving in the winter go with the latter, the narrower the tire the better it cuts through snow and more weight per square inch makes it to the asphalt for better braking and control at lower speed.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Mastercraft Courser MSR

I put on some Mastercraft Courser MSR 215/65R16 on my wife's 2015 AWD Trax that fit well and been running them year around for the past year. We have put 20,000 miles on them and they still look really good and great traction on snow and ice. They are also studdable if your state/local government allows studs and tire chains (MI does not).

1 - 7 of 7 Posts