Chevy Trax Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just went out and bought some Rain-X Silicone Advantage Wiper Blades for my '19 Trax Preimer. Those were at a cost of almost $75.00 dollars. Let me tell you the biggest waste of money ever. I do not recommend those at all. Now on to the question. What silicone wiper blades do you recommend that is easy to install and has a good price? I am doing research and those Rain-X ones came highly recommended but for other car brands. Thank you in advance.

·
Super Moderator
2,180 Posts
Never liked Rain-X on any car. Michelin should stick to tires. OEM are good but don't last more than a year. I buy the cheap sets off of AliX and replace them as needed. The set on the Trax now is going on 2 years and still no streaking. The set includes all 3 blades. Which reminds me I gave my spare set to my daughter for her Encore so I need a new set.

·
Super Moderator
302 Posts
RainX probably pays for those reviews or the standard for some people is extremely low. I've never liked their blades, i would rather have Bosch, Anco or a good set of silicones. The only thing from RainX worth anything was the washer fluid, and even now i fel like it's going down because the last bottle just made my windows hazy.

Sent from my BND-L34 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Never liked Rain-X on any car. Michelin should stick to tires. OEM are good but don't last more than a year. I buy the cheap sets off of AliX and replace them as needed. The set on the Trax now is going on 2 years and still no streaking. The set includes all 3 blades. Which reminds me I gave my spare set to my daughter for her Encore so I need a new set.

That is a good recommendation and I appreciate the feedback. I am gathering research now for my purchase. I read where it was mentioned that there is a TSB on the Trax for the Driver's Side Wiper so we will look into that as we have those symptoms. As ours is a 2019 I do not know if it falls into that category, but we will finally use our warranty.

RainX probably pays for those reviews or the standard for some people is extremely low. I've never liked their blades, i would rather have Bosch, Anco or a good set of silicones. The only thing from RainX worth anything was the washer fluid, and even now i fel like it's going down because the last bottle just made my windows hazy.

Sent from my BND-L34 using Tapatalk
I am done with Rain-X as well with my past experience and so not worth the price. I do like BOSCH as I have used them on a lot of my cars, but not able to locate a set with the correct bracket, but I will more likely wait to buy a new set until after we take the car to the dealer this week and based on what they say we will determine the next course of action. Thank you!

·
Super Moderator
2,180 Posts
2017 had the revised driver's side wiper arm.

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
2017 had the revised driver's side wiper arm.
We are experiencing the symptoms with the wiper screeching and also it is not doing a good job of cleaning the window. Hence the reason we are looking at Silicone blades, but I do not want to spend a ton of money. I would much rather spend the extra money on good blades that will last a couple years then replace them every year.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts