Chevy Trax Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
2015 LT AWD, 37,000 miles

Just started today - the wipers do not park themselves.
Pull down for 1 swipe and they stop when I release the stalk
Run low speed, they stop when stalk is released.

I have to literally pull down repeatedly light touches to get them to stop out of the field of vision!

Is this electrical, in the stalk, or a mechanical issue with the motor or wiper linkage?

Anyone else have this problem?

Thanks

·
Super Moderator
2,180 Posts
There should be a switch in the wiper motor mechanism that detects bottom position. I don't think it's your multi-function arm.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Now I know that intermittent position actually runs as low speed, and that on high or low they don’t necessarily stop when pulled back to off position. But pull down for single swipe stops immediately when I let go - it does not do a sweep, only moves till I release the stalk.

Just curious if anyone else experienced any wiper problems - this will end up at the dealer for repair.

Thanks

·
Super Moderator
2,180 Posts
Sounds like the end of travel switch is "kaput", it happens. Did this happen after a snow stormed jammed them with snow or it just happen?

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Wipers

I’m in the Syracuse area, and we did have heavy wet snow already and wet snow which melted and froze at the bottom of the windshield. I tried to clear under the wipers thanksgiving morning- not being able to lift the wipers really makes that difficult. That was the last day they worked right.

Thanks for your help. I’ll report back after repair

1 - 5 of 5 Posts