The project ended up taking longer than it should have. I ordered the part, and then almost a week later they canceled the order and said they couldn't get the part. Ordered from a second place and had no issues with delivery, outside of this one being more expensive. Once I had it torn apart and compared the original cable with the new one, it was obvious what the problem is. Somehow the small cable that drives the actuator had come out of the plastic channel. I actually had the original one more or less fixed and working, but there was a bit of slop in the cable so I just replaced it. I'm still not sure how it could jump out of the channel given how hard it was to get it back in. Everything buttoned up and working now. Thanks again for your help.