Chevy Trax Forum banner
41 - 59 of 59 Posts

· Administrator
2,826 Posts
Discussion Starter · #41 ·
Sorry to hear that, I use the Android system with no complaints. I would be very surprised if any Apple stuff would work with a Chinese piece of gear. Apple keeps everything secret and Apple only. Keep at them if they said it would work or ask for your money back.

· Registered
10 Posts
I used your trick and got the backup camera to work, so that makes it a bit better at least. I think they ghosted me on the Mirrorlink fix, because it’s been about a week and I haven’t gotten a reply. I left a Amazon review to warn any other potential buyers, but I’ll amend if they actually fix it. If I didn’t have my hopes up about all they things they promised would work at first, I’d actually really like the unit. It actually sounds good and has SOME cool features, just not all the ones they said it would have.

· Administrator
2,826 Posts
Discussion Starter · #44 ·
Yes it's bluetooth and the passcode was 0000 or 1234.

· Administrator
2,826 Posts
Discussion Starter · #46 ·

· Registered
2 Posts
On my birthday last April I decided to replace the MyLink radio in my 2016 Trax.

I knew buying from China had it's problems like 11 hours difference which makes communication complicated plus Chinglish is really hard to understand but I'm retired and figured this would be a nice project for me. Knowing ahead of time that I would be losing the outside OEM temperature probe I was hoping I'd gain more than I would lose. Then it displays local GPS temperatures.

So decide to take a chance on the "Dasaita 2 din Android 8.0 Car GPS radio for Chevrolet Trax 2013-2016 Stereo Multimedia player with Octa core 4GB Ram+32GB rom" so ordered this from AliExpress ( 418.0US $ |2 din Android 8.0 Car GPS radio for Chevrolet Trax 2013 2014 2015 2016 Stereo Multimedia player with Octa core 4GB Ram+32GB rom|car gps player|radio multimediastereo gps - AliExpress )

Price was decent and description said plug&play. So paid these guys, as soon as they shipped the radio I knew I was in for the long haul when I saw "" 1 sold 249 available"" which meant I was the first one to buy one of these. Anyways, this is going to be long and I'll try to shorten the story.

3 days later I get a message from the seller saying that the unit has been tested and all works since it was going a long distance. Fine, 3 days later the radio get's delivered via DHL, Paid $56.07 extra for customs and taxes which is okay. I open the box all excited to install my new plug&play radio and I discover they sent the wrong harness. I make mistakes too, the Technician didn't have a Trax to test it with so he test the radio on a KIA then when he closed and packaged everything up he put the KIA harness kit in the box instead of the GM kit. :(

So I email the supplier and he wants a picture because nobody can believe that they sent the wrong harness on the first order when everybody was being so careful. So sent them picture....

They quickly respond by sending me the GM power harness not realizing that the whole kit was wrong, not just the power harness. So a week or so later after being held at customs for who knows what reason I receive the power cable. Well now I can power the radio but I have no chimes no radio because I'm missing the GM antenna adapter and the USB adapter. So email them again to mention my disappointment and he's confused as to why these are missing. Sends me the cables he thinks are missing and I get them this time 3 weeks delay ( customs not suppliers fault ) So I receive these cables and proceed to hook up my radio for a third time. Great, I have radio and music, USB.

But no chimes and no backup camera. So email Danny Zhu again, he was going to get back to me for the backup camera but I figured it out. Camera comes in on pin 7&8

so I took KIA cables and cannibalized for my purpose,

we now had backup camera.

Then today I received the chime speaker which works great, I now have a working radio and still working on a few small issue. At least it is functional enough to stay in the Trax. One of the issues is it needs and update for the Navigation,

I'm riding in fields half the time and speed limits have changed. So far love the unit, it's got a large touch screen and I can even see my dashcam on the display.

I'm not saying this install is final yet but pretty close.

Got the vents from a junkyard for the bezel.

Also got the Torque APP on board diagnostic to work,

sorry no fault codes to display. lol I will update with night pictures when my camera should be able to take better pictures with less reflections.

Hope you guys like... I'm happier:D

· Registered
2 Posts
Idag laddade jag upp en USB-nyckel med ett par Jesse Cooke-album och kopplade in den i porten. Han har aldrig låtit så bra.

On my birthday last April I decided to replace the MyLink radio in my 2016 Trax.

I knew buying from China had it's problems like 11 hours difference which makes communication complicated plus Chinglish is really hard to understand but I'm retired and figured this would be a nice project for me. Knowing ahead of time that I would be losing the outside OEM temperature probe I was hoping I'd gain more than I would lose. Then it displays local GPS temperatures.

So decide to take a chance on the "Dasaita 2 din Android 8.0 Car GPS radio for Chevrolet Trax 2013-2016 Stereo Multimedia player with Octa core 4GB Ram+32GB rom" so ordered this from AliExpress ( 418.0US $ |2 din Android 8.0 Car GPS radio for Chevrolet Trax 2013 2014 2015 2016 Stereo Multimedia player with Octa core 4GB Ram+32GB rom|car gps player|radio multimediastereo gps - AliExpress )

Price was decent and description said plug&play. So paid these guys, as soon as they shipped the radio I knew I was in for the long haul when I saw "" 1 sold 249 available"" which meant I was the first one to buy one of these. Anyways, this is going to be long and I'll try to shorten the story.

3 days later I get a message from the seller saying that the unit has been tested and all works since it was going a long distance. Fine, 3 days later the radio get's delivered via DHL, Paid $56.07 extra for customs and taxes which is okay. I open the box all excited to install my new plug&play radio and I discover they sent the wrong harness. I make mistakes too, the Technician didn't have a Trax to test it with so he test the radio on a KIA then when he closed and packaged everything up he put the KIA harness kit in the box instead of the GM kit. :(

So I email the supplier and he wants a picture because nobody can believe that they sent the wrong harness on the first order when everybody was being so careful. So sent them picture....

They quickly respond by sending me the GM power harness not realizing that the whole kit was wrong, not just the power harness. So a week or so later after being held at customs for who knows what reason I receive the power cable. Well now I can power the radio but I have no chimes no radio because I'm missing the GM antenna adapter and the USB adapter. So email them again to mention my disappointment and he's confused as to why these are missing. Sends me the cables he thinks are missing and I get them this time 3 weeks delay ( customs not suppliers fault ) So I receive these cables and proceed to hook up my radio for a third time. Great, I have radio and music, USB.

But no chimes and no backup camera. So email Danny Zhu again, he was going to get back to me for the backup camera but I figured it out. Camera comes in on pin 7&8

så jag tog KIA-kablar och kannibaliserade för mitt syfte,

vi hade nu backkamera.

Sen idag fick jag hörlurshögtalaren som fungerar utmärkt, jag har nu en fungerande radio och jobbar fortfarande med några små problem. Den är åtminstone tillräckligt funktionell för att stanna i Trax. Ett av problemen är att det behöver och uppdateras för Navigation,

Jag åker i fält halva tiden och hastighetsgränserna har ändrats. Älskar enheten än så länge, den har en stor pekskärm och jag kan till och med se min dashcam på skärmen.

Jag säger inte att den här installationen är slutgiltig än men ganska nära.

Fick ventilerna från en skrotupplag för ramen.

Fick även Torque APP ombord diagnostik att fungera,

tyvärr inga felkoder att visa. lol jag kommer uppdatera med nattbilder när min kamera borde kunna ta bättre bilder med mindre reflektioner.

Hoppas ni gillar... Jag är gladare:D
[/CITAT]

Hallå ! Kan du förklara närmare hur du kopplade för att få backkameran att fungera 7-8? var kan jag hitta den?

[/CITAT]

· Administrator
2,826 Posts
Discussion Starter · #50 · (Edited)
It would be just easier for me to go back to original if I don't have to swap the vents. I got junkyard ones, got everything ready and in just 5 minutes I can swap these.

Reactions: mel2000

· Administrator
2,826 Posts
Discussion Starter · #52 ·
No, but these settings rarely need changing after you have set your preferences. It's a 5 minute swap if you need to change these.

· Registered
3 Posts
Hi @Traxy and all!
I installed a new android head unit on my 2015 Trax and did the oem cam trick.
The camera works but I get these "noise" interference lines which didn't exist before on my original unit.

I also tried to plug in an aftermarket camera (not using the original wiring) powered from the backup lights and it gets the interference as well.

What do you think the cause is?

Thank you!

· Administrator
2,826 Posts
Discussion Starter · #54 ·
Did you ground strap your radio to chassie ground?

· Administrator
2,826 Posts
Discussion Starter · #56 ·
I just screwed and ground strap to the aluminium heat sink on the back and the other end to the closest grounded metal.

Did you install LED lights on either side of the camera to light your plate, because those can also cause interference in the camera.

· Registered
3 Posts
So I ended up trying a different camera and that one was much much better. I still get some faint noise lines from the backup / brake lights, but it's much better.

Where did you guys install the USB port?
I wanna keep the cigarette lighter socket.

Thank you!

Sent from my HD1905 using Tapatalk

41 - 59 of 59 Posts