Chevy Trax Forum banner

21 - 36 of 36 Posts

·
Super Moderator
1,571 Posts
Discussion Starter #21 (Edited)
Went for almost a 2 hour drive this morning, DIC showed 6.3 while Dasaita showed 6.4. But I did not reset them exactly at the same time.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Hi traxy. I just bought a used 2013 trax LT with mylink and original rear backup cam. I also wanna Change to an android radio. Did you use your original camera in your dasaita? I dont wanna use After market cam since i would have to disassemble the whole car for the NEW cables to the rear.
I asked 10 different aliexpress traders but they all replied I need to use After market cam.

Any suggestions? Sorry for my english. I am from germany

Attachments

·
Super Moderator
1,571 Posts
Discussion Starter #23
I used OEM camera, if you look at post #1 you'll see what I had to do to get it working. Sorry for my English, I am french. lol

·
Registered
8 Posts
I'm just waiting for my android radio to arrive and prepping as much as i can as i've never swapped out a radio before but bringgo is so bad i'm taking the plunge!

for OEM camera are you plugging into 7 + 8 on the radio harness or plugging into car power harness? also what about reverse detection line? referring to example wiring for radio i'm getting ?.

also my radio doesnt come with dab+ only fm so bought a usb dab+ adaptor but want to use existing external aerial (already dab compatible) but assume i'd need a splitter and some connection converters to do that? or shall i just go dab and drop fm? the mylink at the moment has both fm and dab from one aerial.

this thread and traxy have been so helpful already, big thumbs up from me!

will post pics once successfully installed (fingers crossed).

·
Super Moderator
1,571 Posts
Discussion Starter #25 (Edited)
Which radio did you get? You don't need to know about the reverse switch since as soon as the radio detects video from the camera it will post it to screen. This is done by the vehicles electronics. Depending on which radio you got it might be pre-wired. Mine wasn't so I inserted a video cable in pin 7&8, 8 being the center conductor (red)and 7 the shield (black) in the picture of post #1

·
Super Moderator
1,571 Posts
Discussion Starter #27
Looks like everything you need is included. Should be plug&play.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Hi all,

i cant get oem camera to work everything is working - this is what i have left

-not sure what cable with 3 pins and orange and black cable coming off harness is for.

-aux det?

looks like cable going into pin 7 but nothing in pin 8?

ccd in is from what i can make out is for camera

any help appreciated

·
Registered
8 Posts
ignore me - cant count *smacks head no cable in 7 and 8 so how do i do your trick traxy? use one of the cables not in use? how did u fit the pins?

·
Super Moderator
1,571 Posts
Discussion Starter #31 (Edited)
I just took an unused cable and pulled the pins out. Then installed them in pins 7&8. And voilà ! I should have used the yellow RCA because it is usually the color assigned for video but who cares I used the red one.

·
Registered
8 Posts
what's AUX-DET could i sacrifice this cable? i dont use 3.5mm aux anyway would rather have reversing camera to get wife off my back ? - pretty dissappointed in head unit to be honest - very slow and sluggish almost to point its unusable. tempted to cut my losses and go back to mylink radio...

·
Super Moderator
1,571 Posts
Discussion Starter #33
AUX-DET is Auxilary detector. That's what I sacrificed for my backup, I too didn't need that jack in the glove box.

My radio is a bit slow to boot, but once Android is up ( 20 seconds ) everything works good.

·
Registered
8 Posts
if it helps anyone doing this i used a needle (with handle on) as didn't have pin removal kit or small enough screwdriver and you are pushing through the hole just above the pin and you are effectively straightening the piece of metal on the pin that is bent up to keep it in place. once you push through (with pressure) the pin will come out easily.

Attachments

21 - 36 of 36 Posts