Chevy Trax Forum banner

41 - 58 of 58 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Our vehicle has had six attempts to have our issue fixed. It still is not fixed and the dealership can not duplicate the issue. We are lucky enough to have iphone video showing the snowflake button fail to light, blinking, and malfunctioning. Our vehicle has been at the dealership getting fixed more then we have had it.

·
Registered
17 Posts
Our vehicle has had six attempts to have our issue fixed. It still is not fixed and the dealership can not duplicate the issue. We are lucky enough to have iphone video showing the snowflake button fail to light, blinking, and malfunctioning. Our vehicle has been at the dealership getting fixed more then we have had it.

You've had six attempts, Chevy has had the wife's Trax coming up on one day short of two weeks. Took it in on 08/11. Received a call on 08/19 saying they thought it was fixed but needed to test it. It was so late that I told them to keep it for the weekend and we would pick it up that Monday (08/22), they said they would call when it was ready. Late Monday no call, I called and the mgr. said let him find the paperwork and he would call back. This is Tuesday night (08/23), no call yet. Good thing they gave us a Chevy Cruze for a courtesy car.

·
Registered
17 Posts
Well, got the truck back today and got the "We couldn't find anything wrong" line. Almost two weeks and didn't find a thing?! But when the seat height adjuster broke, they said the same thing and it's worked ever since. Hmmmm.....

·
Registered
17 Posts
Ok, the wife finally said that the a/c wasn't cooling as well anymore. This time I looked at it a little more closer. Believe it or not I think I fixed it. Turns out the temperature control knob turns a little farther than I thought, only about a fraction of a 1/4 inch. Heard vents change in the dash and she started to get colder. WTF?. Moved it back, heard the vents change and the air warmed up. WTF? Moved it forward and BAM! cold air. Cannot figure this one and I've worked on cars off and on for 30+ years but this IS new tech. :confused:

·
Registered
7 Posts
Just brought in my 2014 Trax...2 weeks ago Air conditioning blew Hot air........ service they had replaced the Condenser unit but then it would not Kick in. they had to keep an extra day. I was told they had to replace the fan ..then it worked for about 2 weeks... Monday the Fan stopped completely would not turn on no hot air no cold air... awaiting news

·
Registered
772 Posts
If you just lost the fan capabilities then a new fan or fan switch might be all that is needed.

I hope you get all squared away for the hottest part of the year.

·
Registered
87 Posts
So...this is freaking me out. I have noticed a "not-so-cold" air-conditioner lately when I turn on the air to cool down the inside of the Trax. I've driven a Sonic we have as well on occasions and that car cools the inside temp to a freezing crisp almost immediately. I initially assumed the reason behind that was the size of the engine, since the Sonic has a 1.8 L4 base and mine has a 1.4 turbo L4, but I'm wondering now that all of you guys are having a problem with the AC.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Thank-you Beeguz........Got my Trax back today and they had to change the ( They call it the Resistor) but in essence they replaced the Whole Climate control assembly the fan switch ( 0-1-2-3-4) the temp adjust switch and the Diverter dial...( Vents.....defrost.....foot and vents)... now fan works great....(P.S. they replaced the fan 2 weeks ago)

·
Registered
1 Posts
Can you advise what dealership you used? My 2016 Chevy Trax was purchased 6/11/16 and is having intermittent AC issues. The "snowflake" button light will go out and then the AC starts blowing hot air. This seems to happen on hot days. The dealership is not able to duplicate the issue. I have been able to capture video of the "snowflake" button not lighting after being pressed. I live on the East Coast and the dealership can not seem to find anyone else with a similar issue on the East Coast. They will be calling out West today so see about similar issues. They have completed the 16-NA-034 bulletin and it did not fix the problem.
Did you ever get resolution? My trax is having this exact same issue!!!!

·
Registered
5 Posts
I had issues like this last summer (among a bunch of other things right after buying the thing, used though, urgh), blowing hot air off the lot with a squeaky sound, dealer replaced ac compressor, first tried to send me off, went back a second time and they actually replaced it

·
Registered
4 Posts
I have the same issue with the A/C not working well whatsoever on my 2016 Chev Trax. Once the temperature hits about 90 or above. If the sun's not bearing down, then the A/C will typically work fairly decent. Then again, I live in Bradenton/Sarasota FL. At least 90 days/year are disgustingly warm and when you go somewhere 20-30 mins away, in your properly serviced vehicle, you don't expect to arrive sweating, since the A/C has been on speed 2-3 the entire trip.

I've discovered there's a Service Bulletin issued that informs mechanics to not fill the A/C coolant all the way, as it creates this diminished A/C result. What shows Chevy really cares, is when you take it to the dealer to have them correct the manufacturer issue, and let some A/C coolant out of the system, they don't see why I disagree with being billed for the "fix". I'd do it myself, but I'm scared since I'm not a pro with A/C. However, if I did and messed something up, I would be ok with being billed.

So c'mon Chevy.....do the right thing, and eat the cost to correct an issue to some defect in the Trax' A/C system. It's absurd to expect me to pay for diagnostic, and replacement of some possible problem parts, when all I'm asking for is to let some freaking freon(or whatever it's called now) out. If that doesn't fix the issue, then we'll start exploring. Due to the lack of care and uninterest Chevy has displayed, as of right now I'll NEVER buy a Chevy again. Doing things right, and thinking about the customer could create strong loyalty.....The decisions made regarding the whole situation will determine what vehicles I purchase in the future, and will demonstrate the truth regarding your value of customers.

Disappointed and very frustrated

·
Registered
1 Posts
trax blower vent problems

I don't have cooling or heating issues, but my vent selector seems to do nothing.
we have had it in to the dealer, thought it was solved, but nope.
Any ideas?

·
Super Moderator
1,733 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Look up the tech bulletins for 2016 Trax. Cox Chevrolet charged over $2000 for the repairs listed in the bulletin! I've been loyal to GM, but this car has so many issues. Now it's the evaporative sensor...and how about tomorrow? I'm sorry I ever got this car. Filed BBB complaint. We'll see what transpires. This whole bit makes me angry and disgusted. I see why people are loyal to foreign....I bought an expensive POS so far....

·
Super Moderator
1,733 Posts
:crying:

·
Registered
1 Posts
This thing happens with me also and I got puzzled about fixing the issue then I got friend advice to call the ac repair service to fix the issue. And after they came and fix the issue I got relife.

·
Registered
1 Posts
They said they couldn't find a problem... But they Evacuated/Charged system. Problem still exists. Another appointment in the morning. Unfortunately; without a car for the 2nd day this vacation. Will update. Thanks for the reply beeguz
I have had the same problem. Purchase my 2016 in 2017 with only 5000 miles. Shortly after that it was blowing warm or barely cool air. Brought it to the dealer since it was still under warranty and they replace a part. Worked fine until this past year and started doing the exact same thing. The weird thing is I think it is based off of the outdoor temperature. Even on a cloudy day if the temperature reaches a certain degree it will do it. On occasion I can mess with the little snowflake button I turning it off putting it on low cool letting it run a bit and then pressing the snowflake on. Doesn't always work and it's quite annoying not being able to enjoy my car. Now that the car is out of warranty they're going to want me to pay over $100 just to look at it not to mention whatever that's part might be
Hi there Not So American Chevy,

I understand your frustration with this situation as I know how inconvenient it is to be without your vehicle. Please update us on how your appointment went this morning and let us know if we can be of any additional assistance.

Have a good day,

Chelsea D.
Chevrolet Customer Care
Same here purchase a 2016 and 2017 with only 5000 miles shortly after had to bring it to the shop because it wasn't blowing cold air. They changed the part and it worked until this year now it's doing the same thing. Seems to be directly in relation to the outdoor temperature even on a cloudy day. I finagled with the snowflake button turning it off so it just blows regular are putting on on low cool letting it run a while then pressing the snowflake on sometimes it works sometimes it doesn't but it never truly gets cold. Now out of warranty I will have to pay over $100 just to have somebody look at it plus whatever labor in part cost. Seems to be faulty and should be picked up by Chevy just like any other recall would be. Frustrated not knowing what to do and have not enjoyed my car for quite some time.

41 - 58 of 58 Posts